3585rl 2010 Big Horn Hydraulic pump

yepuhuh

After a couple of weeks of the pump kicking the breaker I decided to take the unit in for a look see. My warranty would run out 12/4/12 and the service advisor said to get it to them immediately so they could cover it under warranty.

After the diagnostics, Lippert is having to replace the hydraulic pump.

Issues I was having:
1. While lifting the front end the slides in the back would start going out.
2. I would have to cut off fluid to slide outs to get front end to lift appropriately.
( I thought my wife overloaded it)
3. I would let out one slide at a time and the breaker would blow and reset a couple of times.

So with a new motor, I hope it is fixed!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It will be interesting to find out if just replacing the motor fixed the problem. I do not know about hydraulics, but I'm kinda thinkin that the motor turns the pump which supplies fluid to a bunch of solenoid controlled valves. These valves send fluid to the cylinders that provide movement of the slides and landing gear. Each cylinder has two ports, fluid in (extend) and fluid out (retract).
If the slides are moving when you raise the rig it sounds like more than the motor. Unless they are replacing everything as a unit.
Again, I don't know about the hydraulic system, just thinking out loud.
Be certain to come back and let us know how the repair turned out.

Peace
Dave

Dale Smith

I am of the understanding that this fix was required, due to this gentleman installing a second 50 amp breaker in parallel to eliminate the breaker from tripping out constantly. This fix is discussed at length in another thread on this forum. It was in this other thread that yuphuhu indicated that he had done the the task of putting the two 50 amp breakers in parallel, and then had the problem with his hydraulic pump.

I have yet to put a fix in place on my 2011 Bighorn, but I was ready to do so in the next week or so. Now that I read some complications that are arising, I am waiting to hear back from Lippert on the best course of action.

Just as stated above my warranty is very close to expiring as well, and I want to do the correct fix.

Has anyone else had this same concern over the systems activity?

Thanks for the input.

Dale

Dale Smith

I just got off of the phone with a Lippert service representative and we had an interesting conversation. He indicates that Lippert has no service bulletin or document on the change out of the 50 amp breaker to a more robust 80 amp breaker.

Within this forum, there is a service bulletin number 58, quoted, which indicates this change could be required.

The individual was of no help to me whatsoever, as he was very cagey as to how he responded. He indicated that I would have to call Heartland as they installed the breakers and the wiring.

So I got off the phone and called Heartland, customer serviceand spoke to a representative named Brandon, who indicated that I should not put any fix in place until a check had been taken to indicate voltage draw on the battery.

Since I am away from my trailer presently, but I will be getting this check performed at a Heartland dealership somewhere on our way to Arizona at the end of the month.

He has put a note in my service file of our discussion and if I take it to a Heartland dealership, they will be able to get an any repair authorized by Heartland prior to them proceeding.

Is anyone familiar with heartland dealerships somewhere along the highway 20 And Hwy. 10 region, possibly in Texas or Arizona?

It would be helpful to make early contact with them so I can arrange a service appointment.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dale