Front Storage Area

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
A while back I submitted a thread about the front bulkhead area but I have one more question/issue. The photo shows some wrinkles in the front wall near the bottom. There are no signs of leaks anywhere but I noticed the other day that there is condensation on the outside in this same area (only where the wrinkles are) but not on the rest of the wall. Much like you see on the coach on those cold mornings. The rig has not been moved in months so no water intrusion directly. There is no water inside the storage area although this bulkhead area feels damp you really don't get any moisture when touching it. Any ideas?

Wrinkle%201.jpg

Attachments

• Wrinkle%202[1].jpg
    Wrinkle%202[1].jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 91

jnbhobe

Check the area around the pin box, push up on it or get inside the front compartment and look for water there. You may have a leakaround the front cap and it is running down and getting in the front panel.

aatauses

If you have moved lately in the rain, you may be getting water in from the bottom----I had to caulk mine in order to get it reasonably dry when driving in the rain
al

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
This is a strange leak! The rig has not moved...it has not rained the past several days. But there is a small leak in the front cap that drips from the screw holding the molding next to the pin box cover. I have pulled the pin box cover to snoop around and can reall only find water at the gray fiberglass cap bottom. The water doesn't seem to get to the fiberboard part. I am thinking maybe a running light or corner of the molding (where it bends) might be letting water in. Mind you...it doesn't seem to be a lot but enough to be worrisome. I did re-seal the cap molding on top this past summer...can't imagine it leaking there. Could it be condensation inside the cap? We have had freezing temps at night and upper 30's during the day. The rig stays pretty wet all day.

Westwind

Might check the the WD connections to see if there is any mosture or leaks, but you have winterized it right? The other thing would be the front lights.