Road Warrior 415

Hello!
My first post here. Anyway, I'm looking at the Road Warrior 415 to full time in, the only other products that I'm considering are the Cyclone 3800 and the Voltage 3950. In the Heartland products the only huge differences that I can find between the Cyclone and RW are the Lamilux 1000/4000, and the full fiberglass shower. I really like the fiberglass shower in the Cyclone but its not critical but the exterior Lamilux difference concerns me. Also how long does the hot water last in one of these units, I enjoy taking longer showers and most RVs that I'm used to have a max of about 15 minutes. Will the rapid recovery systems in these units keep me supplied with hot water longer? Also the Voltage claims higher R values but doesn't really have proof to back the claims, do you think they are as high as Voltage claims? Thanks guys!

sJv

The other difference I can think of is that all countertops in the Cyclone are solid surface, where only the kitchen countertop is for the RW. I would have thought Heartland would have differentiated these two brands more, but maybe that is their intent with the new Torque line.

jimtoo

Hi powerstrokedub,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other owners will be jumping in soon to help our with your questions. The wife and I don't have a problem taking showers, we are not the fastest nor the slowest. We do wait about 30 minutes between showers and have not had a problem. The water heater will recover very fast if you run it on both propane and electric.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
When Road Warrior was first created it there were a lot of differences between the two products at different price points. In the last couple years Road Warrior has taken an overwhelming transformation. The floor plans are being completely separated, and they both have a completely different look on the inside and out. Road Warrior does use the 1000 glass, however it now comes standard with a painted front cap, and grey skirts, ramp door, and all new graphics package giving it an all new (partial paint look). Road Warrior also comes standard with all stainless steel appliances where the Cyclone has the black. Road Warrior has different flooring, decor's, furniture, sinks, and now offers are ALL NEW espresso cabinetry. This is an unbelievable look that is unlike anything in the industry http://www.facebook.com/#!/heartland.roadwarrior (we will have more pictures on the Heartland Web site ASAP). Road Warrior also has the option for a full body paint which is not available in the Cyclone (Cyclone has exclusive HD edition). They are both great products that will provide you the most value for your money. They are both built down the same plant, which has the reputation for having the highest quality in the industry. We just need to make sure you take that Voltage out of the equation because it does not come anywhere near the quality of the Cyclone or Road Warrior. As far as the water heater goes we just recently upgraded our water heaters to Atwood. The new water heater's are a lot more efficient and produce up to 20 gal of hot water per hour, as opposed to our past water heater that only produced 16 gal per hour. I hope I helped to answer some of your questions, if there is anything else that I can help with please let me know or just call the factory and ask for AJ.

Hi powerstrokedub,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other owners will be jumping in soon to help our with your questions. The wife and I don't have a problem taking showers, we are not the fastest nor the slowest. We do wait about 30 minutes between showers and have not had a problem. The water heater will recover very fast if you run it on both propane and electric.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks for the welcome! I have been reading around and searching as much as possible since there is a good wealth of info on here!

The other difference I can think of is that all countertops in the Cyclone are solid surface, where only the kitchen countertop is for the RW. I would have thought Heartland would have differentiated these two brands more, but maybe that is their intent with the new Torque line.

I have seen some more subtle differences between the two (rear fiber glass cap on cyclone, option for heat pump, and a few other little things) but over all they seem to be a pretty similar product. Thanks for the reply!

When Road Warrior was first created it there were a lot of differences between the two products at different price points. In the last couple years Road Warrior has taken an overwhelming transformation. The floor plans are being completely separated, and they both have a completely different look on the inside and out. Road Warrior does use the 1000 glass, however it now comes standard with a painted front cap, and grey skirts, ramp door, and all new graphics package giving it an all new (partial paint look). Road Warrior also comes standard with all stainless steel appliances where the Cyclone has the black. Road Warrior has different flooring, decor's, furniture, sinks, and now offers are ALL NEW espresso cabinetry. This is an unbelievable look that is unlike anything in the industry http://www.facebook.com/#!/heartland.roadwarrior (we will have more pictures on the Heartland Web site ASAP). Road Warrior also has the option for a full body paint which is not available in the Cyclone (Cyclone has exclusive HD edition). They are both great products that will provide you the most value for your money. They are both built down the same plant, which has the reputation for having the highest quality in the industry. We just need to make sure you take that Voltage out of the equation because it does not come anywhere near the quality of the Cyclone or Road Warrior. As far as the water heater goes we just recently upgraded our water heaters to Atwood. The new water heater's are a lot more efficient and produce up to 20 gal of hot water per hour, as opposed to our past water heater that only produced 16 gal per hour. I hope I helped to answer some of your questions, if there is anything else that I can help with please let me know or just call the factory and ask for AJ.

AJ, Thank you for the well worded reply, it answered most of my questions definitely! What is the difference between the 1000 and 4000 overall? I tried to search the material properties but didn't come up with much. Also could you give me a couple reasons why you feel that the Voltage is an inferior product. I don't want to start a arguement or anything but just a few examples of where your product really excels would be great to know! One more question and I'll leave ya alone, where could I find a pic of a full body paint road warrior and is the HD edition cyclone full body paint?

Thanks, Nick

sJv

AJ posted this last may:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24268-Cyclone-or-Voltage?p=178677&viewfull=1#post178677

Things are changing rapidly in the Toy Hauler market, so I don't know if this comparison needs an update or not. For instance, Cyclone (and road warrior?) are now using TPO roofing material instead of EPDM. TPO is a lot tougher and harder to puncture. I"m sure the Dutchmen guys haven't been sitting idle, either.

To me, the big plusses of the Cyclone/RW over Voltage are the hydraulic front landing gear, hydraulic slides vs the brand new system used only by Voltage, and the ez-flex suspension. I'd rather have these items than more TV's.

-steve

tmillio

I couldn't agree more, the hydraulics in the Cyclone/RW are big plusses. With the landing gear it takes me only minutes to get my RW405 leveled front to back while my friends run back and forth for a half hour putting leveling blocks under their electric jacks trying to get their rigs level.

As for the hot water in the shower, we've never had a problem with having enough but we do not stand under the water and let it run the whole time either. We use the button on the shower head to turn off the flow while we soap up and have had plenty of hot water to rinse off with even when we take our time. I doubt that you will get hot water for a longer period of time, but the rapid recovery does seem to allow us to only have to wait about 15 minutes between showers for both of us to get hot water.

We have been really happy with our 405 after our first season in it. We camped in April in Colorado in the cold and stayed warm and we were comfortable in the summer in 90+ degree heat. A caution though, in order to stay cool we did add a second A/C in the bedroom so that we wouldn't have to leave the one in the main living space running all night. We also added an A/C in the garage because our dogs live back there part of the time and it didn't stay cool enough for them without it. Otherwise, we are looking forward to the day when we can retire and spend more time in our Road Warrior.