Can you help! Need to overnite on I-20 between Atlanta & August?

bozo

:rolleyes:The DW and I am going to Charelston SC. the week before Christmas. We are leaving after church Sunday night (Dec. 18th) and would like to drive part of the way. That will put us between Atlanta and Augusta by about 12:30-1:00am. Does anybody know of a overnite spot around Thomson GA. or in that area that we could just pull in and stay for the night. I know about Walmarts, Lowes, etc but alot of them do not alow it now. I don't want to have to ride around that time of the morning trying to find a place safe that we could sleep for the night. I don't do well being woke up in the middle of the night with sombody beating on my door if you know what I mean. We could just wait and leave Monday just wanted to get a jump start. Thanks for the help in advance. Boy its hard living in the southeast the forcast says 72F on the 20th of December for Charelston SC. HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Bozo

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Brian... According to my Wal-Mart Atlas (Rand McNally) Thomson has a Wal Mart Supercenter with a fuel stop. You could easily give the store manager a call ahead of time and ask. It is cold here (North Texas), winterized the trailer last week-end. Enjoy!

bozo

Thanks Bret, I did call them they said it would be fine to stay overnite. Its cold in north Georgia as well I have had to wintrize between camping trips. We will be putting it in the shed after this trip. Time to start the winter "Honeydo List" you may not have that in TX. It is a list of things I have put off all year long because I was playing with my toy's. Things like Guns, Bass Boat etc. I think you get the idea. All I can do now is pray for summer. If you ever get to GA look us up I still gotta see that DOG. Thanks again.!!!!!!!!

Bozo

caokgafamily

Bozo,

We just stayed a week at Mistletoe State park on Clark Hill lake. It's 7 miles off I-20 about 15 or so miles west of Augusta. Nice state park, I don't think this will work for you but you should check it out some time if you haven't been there yet. Just get some good coffee and drive on through. One time I was crazy when we started out with one of our cross country trips. We left Byron Ga at 1:00pm after my daughter's dance show and drove all the ways to Ohio and made it to our friends driveway at 1:00AM? We even had a china bomb blow out north of Atlanta. Crazy Trip, I miss those days with the cheap fuel..
Good luck,
Steve

bozo

Steve,

I can call but do you know if Mistletoe park has late check in by chance. If it does that might just work. Thanks for the info!!!!

Bozo

Edit**** Steve I just called they do not take late check-ins but thanks for the help that would have worked out great.

Thanks again!!!

jhardin

Bozo,

Maybe you should try Hard Labor State Park. (Rutledge, Ga.) It may be about 7 or 8 mi. off of I-20 but the DW and I stay there a lot. Nice and clean and they do have a gate code.<o:p></o:p>

bozo

Thanks jhardin I will give it a try. Hey we may be related my gradfather was a Hardin from up in Andrews NC. They lived Dalton Ga. until he passed a few years ago. Anyway thanks again.

Bozo