Added 2nd A/C, Check Height

Westwind

We bought off the lot and had the dealer install the second AC in the bedroom skylight. We got a Penquin low Profile and I'm glad I did, with the FW hooked up to our 2008 4x4 GMC 2500 Extended Cab shortbed I'm at 12' 8". I actually hitched up and took it too a flat parking lot and measured it so I would know exactly how hi it was. In the yard level it was 11' 8' so hitched up with the BD3 hitch aired up it grew 1 foot.

If this April in Florida is anything like last year we are going to need it.

danemayer

In the yard level it was 11' 8' so hitched up with the BD3 hitch aired up it grew 1 foot.
Nose high by a foot seems like an awful lot. Our Rushmore is no more than 1 inch nose high when hitched to our BD3 on the GMC 3500.

Westwind

I could be off when I said a foot high from when she was resting in the yard unhitched. The measurement I was most concerned with was the overall height when hitched. The FW definately doesn't look nose HI when hitched but I'll have to check it again.
I adjusted the hitch 1 1/2" higher so that I would have 6.5 - 7 inches between the bedrails of the truck and the trailer
once I'm hitched up. Now that I've done that it put me at 12' 8" when hitched up. I feel that have that distance on the bedrails will help me no matter what I run into getting on and off the highways or in campgrounds.

Last edited: