Toilet I.D.?

traveler44

I am having problems with the toilet not holding water in the bowl. I looked up all the info. that was posted on how to fix and adjust the seals. Then I tried to find an I.D. number by pulling the front surround so that I would have that information before calling Sealand Dometic. I didn't find a tag on ours with any information. Should there be one on a 09 3370 RL. somewhere? Thanks--Tom

Netem

Tom, I just went by the picture on the papers that came with the RV to determine the model. I don't think there is that many seal kits. Neil

traveler44

Neil! I found the tag with the help of a mirror. It is on the back side behind the hoses and I think it says Model No. SC210. I cleaned the bowl and seal area with some windex and tightened the clamp and it is holding water--antifreeze now. The tag is kind of hard to read with a mirror--upside down and backwards. Would be handy if they would stick them to the front or side where they can be read directly. Thanks Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, we have the same toilet. I've replaced the seals with a "newer version" but the problem came back. I've used every seal cleaning method posted. I used a light coating of Vaseline around the inner edge of the seal works best and lasts a few weeks until it needs another coating. Plumbers lube may do the same. I don't know if Vaseline will have any long term effect on the rubber.
I'd like to replace our 210 with the 310 but the pedal and supply line are on the opposite side do I'd have to replumb. Then, get used to using my right foot to flush.;)

jpdoggett

Tom, we have the same toilet. I've replaced the seals with a "newer version" but the problem came back. I've used every seal cleaning method posted. I used a light coating of Vaseline around the inner edge of the seal works best and lasts a few weeks until it needs another coating. Plumbers lube may do the same. I don't know if Vaseline will have any long term effect on the rubber.
I'd like to replace our 210 with the 310 but the pedal and supply line are on the opposite side do I'd have to replumb. Then, get used to using my right foot to flush.;)

Ray I have a 310 in our 2011 Augusta and I have to work on the seal all the time. Just got a new one have not put it in yet but we leak water all the time. Not a very good design. This is the first RV I have ever had a problem with

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When you have the toilet apart (and the water shut off), don't forget to clean the ball while you're at it. It can collect crud around the edges that may provide an outlet for the water in the bowl. I replaced my seals last summer, so it's obvious they don't last very long.

57chevyconvt

Tom, Did you get a brush (similiar to tongue depressor with short bristles) to clean the seal and ball? One of these brushes came with the package of OEM info when I took possession of the RV. Haven't had to use the brush yet, but looks like a good tool for this job.

GOTTOYS

I read where you should let the flap "snap" back when closing. Mine was leaking for awhile then it quit. I cleaned it with my wife's toothbrush....Don

JohnDar

I read where you should let the flap "snap" back when closing. Mine was leaking for awhile then it quit. I cleaned it with my wife's toothbrush....Don

And now she wonders why you won't kiss her anymore.:p

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray I have a 310 in our 2011 Augusta and I have to work on the seal all the time. Just got a new one have not put it in yet but we leak water all the time. Not a very good design. This is the first RV I have ever had a problem with
Dang! I thought from the looks of the seal on the 310, it was a new and improved design. I was able to see one up close and hands on in a Camping World a couple weeks ago. The other perk would have been a couple inches higher seat height. I guess I'll pick up some more Vaseline.:rolleyes: Thanks for the heads up though...

traveler44

Yes! I got one of those tongue depressors but I don't think it helped much. If I have any more trouble I will see if I can borrow Don's wifes toothbrush. Sorry! John I got mixed up on who's tooth brush I was supposed to use. Tom

Last edited:

JohnDar

Yes! I got one of those tongue depressors but I don't think it helped much. If I have any more trouble I will see if I can borrow John's wifes toothbrush. Tom

Nay, Nay, Nay! You go knockin' on DON'S door and ask him for his wife's toothbrush. Better yet, ask her for it and tell her why :D.

GOTTOYS

Just my luck she's going to read this and switch toothbrushes with me...then I'll end up with toilet breath..Don

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine has never worked quite right.
I tried the snap back method, still no good.
I can correct the problem by lifting the pedal slightly with my foot, after I flush. Then I just step on the pedal lightly to fill with 1-2 inches of water, to get a vapor seal.
Problem solved.

Willym

I had a similar problem last summer and thought that maybe hard water deposits were affecting the seal (we were in a park with very hard water). I added some vinegar to the bowl area and let it soak/leak through and the problem was fixed.