pulling a 32buds

pegmikef

I pulled my NT 26 RLSS with an F150 Super Crew for a while, but I moved to an F250 6.7 L Diesel Crew Cab because I got tired of watching the tach going up to four thousand RPM going up modest hills. I gained a little over 3 mpg with the diesel.

dtodd

hey thanks, We just picked it up and made it back home, not to bad 3hr drive home at 65 mph. rpm ran in the 26 -2800 range, its just a little more trailer in the wind them are 26 ft.

olyfire

I pull my 32BUDS with a chev. 1 ton diesel. Most of the time I don't know it's back there but when I'm pulling over the mountains and going back down I'm glad I have the extra horse power and weight. I would be comfortable pulling with a 3/4 ton but 1/2 ton could be a bit under powered in the mountains.
Enjoy your 32BUDS, we sure love ours.

JJMCK

I have a Ford F-250 Super Duty, King Cab with a 5.4 liter engine. I'm interested in getting a NT 32BUDS this spring. Will I have any problems towing?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
JJMCK, welcome to the forum.
You will need to look at the towing specs for your truck and the weight of the NT. The weight of that trailer is under 7,000#. My guess is that you will be ok.
However having a gasser, you may not see very good mileage. And you will most likely have to add a weight distributing device to the hitch.
Someone that has or has had the same vehicle as yours will chime in here.
Hope to see you join the Heartland Family in spring.

Peace
Dave

JJMCK

Thanks for the fast response. I know my mileage is going to drop, but it's worth it. I already have a weight distributing hitch for my old, semi-retired Sunline. I'm very excited abvout the 32 BUDS, and hope to order it in March. We were originally looking at the 32QOK, but I like the 32BUDS better.