Mpg 185

chaslorr

Hi All, my wife and I are considering the purchase of an MPG model 185 spring 2012. We have looked at all the light weight rv's and this one seems to have the quality and features that we desire. Will be towing with a Pontiac Montana rated at 3500 lbs max so should be okay that way. We would like to hear from other MPG owners if they are satisfued with their trailer and what kind of tow vehicles are being used.

jimtoo

Hi chaslorr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some good reports about the MPG and Heartland RVs. I am moving this to the MPG area where more of the owners will see it.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jimtoo

We have had our 185 about 6 months and LOVE it! We tow with our Toyota 4Runner - Best of Luck

Hi jbtreasure,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. Glad to see you make a post.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MPG185-GA

We have had our 185 for 1-1/2 years.....lots of trips....every trip yields a new idea for a refinement here alteration there, but we LOVE IT! Pull it with a GMC Denali Crew Cab.

kb0zke

Welcome to the forum. We've had our 181 for just over one year, and have enjoyed it. We've taken it from Missouri to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Nebraska now, and were going to be in it for just over three weeks straight, but a medical emergency changed our plans a bit. We'll be heading to Wyoming this coming summer, but probably won't get to do much until spring.

Dalymo

Hi Chaslorr in ON,
We are 2010 185T (tent pop-out at rear) owners since last summer. We haul with our Honda Ridgeline. The MPG has been great for me and my husband and our two (big) standard poodles, especially with the add-on dome room which was a must have for us just because of mosquitos and unpredictable weather in Atlantic Provinces from one year to the next! Be aware that dry weight of 3200 quickly adds up to 4000 (which is the limit we'd put on the Ridgeline) once you get a couple full propane tanks, BBQ, sat. dish, awning, food, dishes, ladder, and other camping gear, etc. We probably shouldn't have been surprised with the increase in gassing-up stops, considering the weight we were hauling, but it was significant.
We had a few issues that needed repair but we were looked after really well by dealer in NS though we purchased it in the US. A repair done under warranty was handled quickly by Heartland, as well. Hope this helps...
dalymo