No TV Signal

Mark

I have an 08 3300RE and on my first time out I've discovered that my TV gets no signal from the antenna, booster on or not. Any thoughts on possible causes?

Mark

jbeletti

Mark,

Here are some things to check:

1. Is there a power light on the booster and is that light on when the switch is on?
  2. Check the back of the TV set. Look for the coax cable to ensure it is connected. Unscrew the connector and check to make sure it looks like it is crafted properly (center conductor flush with end of connector and no braid hairs visible looking into the connector)
  3. Make sure the TV is set to the antenna input
  4. Make sure the RF switchbox is set to TV (not aux, not VCR etc.)
  5. Check the connector at the antenna up on the roof
  6. Check the connectors on the back of the RF switch box
  7. Try the other coax (if there is one) near the entertainment center. Perhaps the wrong wire got connected to the TV set and didn't get tested.

Jim

ChopperBill

:( Sigh! Use a continuity tester on cable ends. There should be nothing between the nut and the cable center wire. If there is replace the end. Check it again because it could be the other end so you will have to replace it. Its a crap shoot with a 50-50 chance at getting the defective end the first time.

Mark

Problem solved

Thanks for the ideas. As it turned out, I ended up buying an antenna booster as a substitute. :cool: Wouldn't you know it, I inadvertently happened upon the TV setting for inputting "skipped" channels and discovered them all listed. Don't ask me why. I deselected them, ran the channel search again and, you guessed it, I'm up and running. :)

Mark