Appetizer for New Years eve for about 20 people? Any suggestions? Ideas?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hey...I'll take a stab at this!

Not sure what you are looking for but these are easy and pretty good too! Take a whole waterchestnut, wrap it in bacon, hold together with a toothpick, cover with BBQ sauce and bake in oven until the bacon is crisp. Add a little more sauce if needed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey...I'll take a stab at this!

Not sure what you are looking for but these are easy and pretty good too! Take a whole waterchestnut, wrap it in bacon, hold together with a toothpick, cover with BBQ sauce and bake in oven until the bacon is crisp. Add a little more sauce if needed.

Another good variation of this is to use brown sugar instead of BBQ sauce. Rumaki.

Peace
Dave

WilmanJim

We like to take jalapeños and stuff them with cooked breakfast sausage and roll them in a croissant and bake. Or stuff them with mozzarella cheese. Of course you need a beer or glass of wine too. :p Then there is always sauerkraut and pork chops.
Jim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We like to take jalapeños and... Jim

Speaking of jalapenos...this is a lot more work but also quite tasty! Slice the pepper lengthwise and clean out the seeds. Stuff one shells with cream cheese, put back together. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick. Cook on BBQ until bacon crisp! Be very careful when eating as the cream cheese gets really hot and takes a long time to cool down!

happycampernc

Sausage balls are good too. Take 1 pound HOT sausage, 2 cups extra sharp chadder cheese, 1 1/2 cups bisquick mix all ingredients, roll into balls about marble size and bake for 20 minutes at 350.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Lil smokies in BBQ sauce go over well and are EASY! Pickle wraps are my DILs and my favorite - Spread thin slices of ham with cream cheese place a whole pickle on the cream cheese/ham slice and roll up. Slice and serve!