Question for Landmark/Bighorn convection oven owners

funntheson

For those of you that have purchased a Landmark or Bighorn in the last couple of years that opted for the microwave/convection oven combo.

What came with the unit other then the round glass microwave dish? That's all I received with mine, and there appears to be some confusion as to what I should have received.

Also, if anybody wants to share some convection oven recipe success stories, that would be wonderful.

Larry

We have a 2011 Big Country 3450TS and we ordered the Microwave/Convection Oven option.
We received the round glass microwave dish and the two (2) steel racks in the unit.
That along with the instruction book is all we got.
I have not heard of anything else.
My Wife has used it a few times and loves it.
We just cook regular meals in it, by following the instruction manual for Convection cooking and use the microwave same as any other microwave.

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, our convection/microwave is a Frigidaire. It came with two wire racks. One round one that goes on the turn table dish and one flat rectangular one that spans the entire oven. It sits on four tabs. Two on each side of the oven.

danemayer

Ours is an Amana. There's a rack and a round metal drip pan that sits on the glass turntable when using convection.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Larry, our convection/microwave is a Frigidaire. It came with two wire racks. One round one that goes on the turn table dish and one flat rectangular one that spans the entire oven. It sits on four tabs. Two on each side of the oven.

Yep - this is what we have in our 2011 (manufactured in March 2011) Landmark Key Largo. As far as cooking we took a class at Lazy Days when we purchased and I just follow their directions - use the normal cooking temperature but add 25% more cooking time. Just baked bread last night and it turned out perfect! Good luck!

funntheson

Yep - this is what we have in our 2011 (manufactured in March 2011) Landmark Key Largo. As far as cooking we took a class at Lazy Days when we purchased and I just follow their directions - use the normal cooking temperature but add 25% more cooking time. Just baked bread last night and it turned out perfect! Good luck!

Why do they call them 1/2 time ovens if you have to cook things longer?

2psnapod1

In the class that we went we were told we could either cook at the same temp and add an additional 25% cooking time OR cook for the same amount of time but change the temperature (but I can't remember by how much). I've been successful doing it the way I've been doing so I'm happy. I don't know anything about why it's called a half time oven - if someone can elaborate it would be great.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Why do they call them 1/2 time ovens if you have to cook things longer?
It is not a half time oven. It is a convection/microwave oven.
Half time is different, it uses both methods at the same time, and it really does cook in about half the time.
HERE is how they work.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod1

Thank you, Dave! I wanted to say that they were two different things - but wasn't 100% sure.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If I am not mistaken you can use a Combo with the Convection/Microwave and cook in a shorter time. DW does it but not sure about the details but I know it shortens the time.