"Taking to the Road" - A Dream Maybe

Is this something you would be interested in?

• Wonderful idea, lets go.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ncc1701e

I thought that I'd start this thread to see if by some chance we could find a couple or two who might find the thought of doing some wondering a fun thing to do for a while. While some might call this full time RVing, that is really not what I've got in mind. The wife and I were just thinking it would be neat to find two or three couples who would like to just travel around part of this country for a few months. We do not have any destinations in mind, but rather a thought of a small group of wondering gypsies enjoying each others company and this land together.

In our mind, it is a group with similar interest outside of camping also. The group picks an end place and plots an interesting route to get there. We stay a few days, a week, a month if it takes that to enjoy what the end destination has to offer. Along the way, we stop at what ever interesting sights come along. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but everyone has to have some sort of dream. We've enjoyed the rallies we've been able to make and plan to make any in the future that work out. With that in mind, we'd like to find some travel buddies and hit the road for a while after we finish our winter snow bird stay in Myrtle Beach.

I suppose if I'm going to start this thread some other facts are in order. We like to wonder antique stores, play golf (me), sit around at night playing cards or board games, and all those other things ole retired guys do (lol).

Tom

Lou_and_Bette

Tom, I am glad to see that you will be at our MS/AL chapter rally in Gulf Shores April 2012. Bette and I are planning to be there also and I would like to discuss this interesting topic with you. Bette is already unemployed (retired by proxy) and my projected retirement date is 31 Jan 2012 and not sure, besides this rally and the National one, where we are going to go when the switch to full time is made and with RV'ing be very new to us, traveling with a small group seems comforting. P.S. I'll wave as I go through your area 23 Dec and on the return trip 2 Jan. Bette is from Evansville and is there now visiting her dad, three sisters, and one of our sons with 3 of our grandkids. I will join her over X-mas.

Lou

ncc1701e

Tom, I am glad to see that you will be at our MS/AL chapter rally in Gulf Shores April 2012. Bette and I are planning to be there also and I would like to discuss this interesting topic with you. Bette is already unemployed (retired by proxy) and my projected retirement date is 31 Jan 2012 and not sure, besides this rally and the National one, where we are going to go when the switch to full time is made and with RV'ing be very new to us, traveling with a small group seems comforting. P.S. I'll wave as I go through your area 23 Dec and on the return trip 2 Jan. Bette is from Evansville and is there now visiting her dad, three sisters, and one of our sons with 3 of our grandkids. I will join her over X-mas.

Lou

I'll put the coffee on...................

Manzan

My folks 'wandered' with another couple. Had similar interests. Would sometimes separate in their wanderings for a couple of days when their interests diverged but would always agree when and where to get together again. Worked very well for them.

ncc1701e

Lou

I was going through this set of post again and realized that Bette was from Evansville. Must have been out in space the first time I read your post. I would loved to have had a cup of coffee with you guys while you were here. My bad....... If you want to begin a conversation on here now about some traveling I'm game for sure. We are having to cancell our planned winter trip to Myrtle Beach because of some surgery to repair a torn shoulder muscle (me) and are still in KY. We will still be making the rallies in SC (Hilton Head) and MS (Gulf Shores) as planned. After that, the only other committment I've made is the KY/TN rally in Memphis the May 31 - Jun 3. What we might do is simply start a thread with areas / places of interest and see if a route looks promising to the two of us. Who knows, we might find others and wind up with a traveling side show this summer (lol). I think it would be really neat to have some traveling friends enjoying the traveling and fellowship this summer / fall. We are pretty open to most any time frame or destination right now as far as I know.