Pump Station/Generator Tank Gauge...

Bosty

I just took delivery of a Cyclone 3020 HD with a separate pump station and generator fuel tanks. During delivery, the delivery guy told showed me there is a rocker switch in the control panel which when pushed up is supposed to read the remaining fuel in the pump station, and when pushed down is supposed to read the generator tank. It works and reads the pump station tank when I push it up, but I get no reading for the generator fuel tank. I just put 7 gallons of gas in one tank and 10 in the other so I would expect to get a reading on both gauges. The 7 gallons is in the generator tank. Does anyone know if this is just not enough fuel to read out, or is my gauge defective?

jimtoo

HI Bosty,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure one of our other Cyclone owners will jump in soon with an answer for us.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Lynn1130

I don't "know" but would guess that there is not enough fuel to register. You do not say which tank has 7 gals in it but depending upon the size of the tank that might not show on the gauge.

CrazyCooter

You should be seeing a reading with 7 gals in a 20 gal tank. Mine starts reading almost immediately with just a couple of gallons...

I suspect a connector was not connected at the tank, panel, or fell off in transport. They used some of the cheapest crimp connectors and crimpers for the connections in my rig.

Mine was wired backward out of the box.

CrazyCooter

I checked mine today while I was at the shop.....the needle moves slightly to the right, but below empty even though the tanks are completely dry.

Does the needle move at all when you move the switch to the generator side?