MS/AL Chapter Members going to Gillette National Rally

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
MS/AL Members going to Gillette National Rally

The National Rally sign-up will open very soon. Lou and Bette notified me today that they are planning to go. Donna and I plan to go also as part of our adventure to the Northwest. As others determine that they will be heading up to Gillette, post it on this thread and we will use this as a whiteboard for planning and discussing. Merry Christmas,Hoganahcooperii@gmail.com

Last edited:

Lou_and_Bette

I saw where other chapters/areas of the country are planning on either traveling together or meeting up for the rally. Let's band together and show the rest of the HOC how we southern boys and girls can "rock the house." Hope to see all of you there.

Lou

Lou_and_Bette

Sorry to see that the "other" Coopers won't be able to attend, but hopefully many of our new friends will. We are thinking about joining the TN/KY group in Southaven as a stop oover on the way...just waiting for Bette to confirm dates on another trip before I commit to that one.

Lou

hogan

Lou, I am thinking about making the Tn/KY Rally the start of our trip also. We are planning to do some sight-seeing in the Black Hills prior to the Gillette Rally so we were thinking to leave around the first week of June. We have at least one rig travelling with us; maybe two and would certainly welcome you to join up with us for the journey northwest. There are many benefits to the wagon train concept. Merry Christmas Hogan

ncc1701e

Lou, I am thinking about making the Tn/KY Rally the start of our trip also. We are planning to do some sight-seeing in the Black Hills prior to the Gillette Rally so we were thinking to leave around the first week of June. We have at least one rig travelling with us; maybe two and would certainly welcome you to join up with us for the journey northwest. There are many benefits to the wagon train concept. Merry Christmas Hogan

Hogan, do you have a route in mind when you leave Memphis (TN/KY Rally)? We'll be at Memphis, but still not sure about the National Rally yet. After leaving the rally in Gulf Shores, we're heading home until Memphis.

Tom

hogan

Hogan, do you have a route in mind Tom
Tom, the route is not set in stone, but thinking about Branson, Mo for first stop then St. Jo, Omaha, Sioux Falls. I prefer drives of 350 and breaking the trip up with a few 2 or 3 days stops. We are open to your suggestions.
If you are headed home after Gulf Shores Rally; I would suggest a stop in Northeast Mississippi at Piney Grove COE campground. We had our Fall Rally there and I think you would enjoy the setting. Merry Christmas, Hogan

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Unfortunately, with me still working and not having enough leave left. 2Ps will not be attending this one. We are working on attending the one in Goshen as I will have all the time I need off at that time. :eek:

hogan

Sorry you won't make Gillette this time around. But we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks down at Tampa and at the Gulf Shores Rally.

2psnapod2

25 days till we leave for the Tamp Show! Can hardly wait. I have really got to where pulling our KL is more fun than just living in it.

2psnapod2

Jim, that is true. Its been only 1 year and it feels like I have know you guys all my like. What a great bunch of people on here and I am glad to know each and everyone of you, if only by through this forum for some.

Lou_and_Bette

Hogan and Tom, since I am pretty new to pulling this rig, I had not planned to go cross country like Hogan since I wasn't sure of road quailty. I planned to go the Interstate route. I-55 to St Louis, I-70 to K.C, MO, I-29 to Sioux Falls, SD, and then turn left on I-90 to Gillette. Basically same route we went to Stugis bike rally in 2007. Leaving Southaven on 6/4 and do approximately 400 miles/day with last day push of 100+miles into Gillette. We can talk/plan at Gulf Shores or Southaven.

Lou

hogan

go cross country like Hogan .

Lou[/QUOTE]
Have you been talking to Donna? I have been known to find the less beaten pathway more that a few times. But in this case, It is Interstate and US highways, most of which are four lane. I plan to go I-40 to Little Rock then US-65 to Branson. Then Interstate up through Springfield and end up on I-29 not too far from there. I will review it more than once between now and Gulf Shores. We need you in our Posse- you got the mean phone.