Spice racks

1231ChaseB

Hi everyone ! All of us carry various spice bottles in our campers ! I have mine all neatly placed in the cupboard and then when we get wherever we're going their all over the place in there ! So the question is what does everyone use to keep them in place ?? Somebody has got to have come up with a great idea about this irritating thing !
Thanks in advance
chaseb

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi everyone ! All of us carry various spice bottles in our campers ! I have mine all neatly placed in the cupboard and then when we get wherever we're going their all over the place in there ! So the question is what does everyone use to keep them in place ?? Somebody has got to have come up with a great idea about this irritating thing !
Thanks in advance
chaseb
Chase, we use little plastic trays, They are about 12" long, 6" wide and a couple 3 inches deep. We found them at Wally World and they also have rubber pads that help keep them from sliding.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The wife had these sets of spice holders from our TT. They had magnetic strips that they sit on. I made the wooden holder for the BH counter, next to the stove. They ride without a problem. If you look around places like BB&B, or other kitchen stores, you can probably find something similar.

Or you could glue flexible magnetic strips to the bottom of your spice jars and set them on a steel strip that's secured to your cabinet.

jimtoo

But if you put a magnetic strip on the bottom of the spice jar.... how would you get the spice out?.. wouldn't the magnet hold the spice in?? :) :)

skyguy

You'll need to look at the daily nutrition information for each spice. Some are much lower in iron than others - they shouldn't be affected by the magnets. ;)

Al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The wife had these sets of spice holders from our TT. They had magnetic strips that they sit on. I made the wooden holder for the BH counter, next to the stove. They ride without a problem. If you look around places like BB&B, or other kitchen stores, you can probably find something similar.

Or you could glue flexible magnetic strips to the bottom of your spice jars and set them on a steel strip that's secured to your cabinet.
John, I like the stove top cover. Looks good.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, I like the stove top cover. Looks good.

Peace
Dave

Our saleswoman gave it to us when I told her during the PDI that the folding metal cover was missing. It does dress it up nicely and is functional.

traveler44

We do like Ray and put them in a little plastic tray and then stick them in a cupboard when we aren't using them. Tom M.

Last edited:

1231ChaseB

Thanks for the ideas ! Went to BB&B today and got a small three drawer spice rack that you lay the bottles in ! It should work great !
ChaseB

SilverRhino

I do 99% of our cooking outside......so I built a box out of some scraps of oak that fits in the storage area behind the stove. It has a fold down handle on it so it is easy to remove and take out to the picnic table or grilling area. I've been doing it this way for years and usually travel with about 15 spice bottles or containers.