Heartland 5th Wheel Trailers - Where they rank based on Retail registrations

jbeletti

I recently received an email from a forum member asking me about the ranking of the top 5th wheel manufacturers. I went to Heartland for the answer and can report the following:

Based on Retail Registrations for 5th Wheel type trailers in April of 2007:
1) THOR
2) FOREST RIVER
3) JAYCO
4) HEARTLAND
5) K-Z

Heartland moved into and has held this #4 position for several reporting periods.

Jim

Is this based on sales?

Just curious if it is based on sales, or on consumer rankings? I'm new to forum and we're going to be looking at Heartland. Thanks, Cyndy

quandee

Data

OK,, What is the latest? Also when u list the MFG u could list the brands. Example: Heartland (Landmark-bighorn-bigcountry-sundance etc.)
Also, are the results JUST 5ers?

Paul

jandvs

Heartland Rankings

When we were researching which toy hauler to buy (Jan. 2008), we fortunately bought a copy of the 2007-2008 RV Comparison Guide from the website www.jrconsumer.com. Heartland's 5ers were tied for first with Americamp in the AA (Above Average) class. (Other two classes are Premium and Economy.) This guide saved us from making a huge mistake as we were considering a unit from a manufacturer that we thought was a good one but which had a rating of 12th (lowest rating) in the Economy class. The ratings are done by the staff of JR Consumer based on construction, customer satisfaction, dealer rating and resale value. They arrive at their conclusions by speaking with previous owners, attending RV shows and research.

Considering how much expense is involved in buying and maintaining an RV, it is really important to do as much research as possible prior to purchase. We found this guide to be well worth the purchase price.

beardedone

Beardedone
Re: JANDVS post. I am glad to see that info. In our case we wanted to get a new trailer and until this spring had never heard of Heartland. That being said we had our first exposure at an RV show with the Bighorn on display which in turn led us to the Landmark Augusta. We stuck our necks out and ordered one but I was apprehensive. I was impressed with what I saw but cosmetics can cover up a lot of sins. So your post was most interesting and re-assuring.

wittmeba

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but this link may well apply. You may already be aware of it.

I dont know if Heartland has been included as they are a relatively new company compared to others, but I believe this CD that can be bought addresses almost all others. I have not seen the CD versions but did view the book in 2001. It was like an LA telephone book. http://www.rv.org/

I dont see Heartland listed here either http://www.rvbg.com/manufacturers.cfm

I sent RV.net an email a few days ago (approx 8/18/08) and asked about their updating. No reply yet. Perhaps someone at Heartland could contact and get better results.

It would be nice to know specifically how they rank. Im sure they would do well.

To measure businesses like those listed above is unfair and impractical. I believe Thor is a parent/holding company that just buys up smaller businesses. They purchased Keystone and Airstream several years ago.

The real comparison would be to select a line and compare it to the others.

bigredtruck

I am also glad to read the good ratings. we were impressed by the quality of the Cyclone we saw on the lot, and researched as much as we could and are so happy hear that others found good information from other sources. We also had never heard of Heartland before and always thought our current brand was a good one but the difference from their forums to this one is mind bending. Thanks to all of you, we are sure we have made the right choice. And the 3210 is on it's way home from the dealer now. I can hardly wait to see it.