Looking to make the move to a Landmark Mesa.

RVIN4US

Just joined. We have been RVing for just about 12 yrs. In our 3rd Motorhome (04 Newmar Mountain Aire). Not on the road as much as we once were so we are looking to make the change to a 5th wheel. Enjoying our retired time in the sunny, warm southwest. Have been doing our research for about 5 months and have downselected to either a Newmar Kountry Aire or the Landmark Mesa. We'll mostly lurk to get the benefit of all your experiences.:cool:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum RVIN4US. About all I can say is we love our Heartland Bighorn. The LM Mesa is a new floorplan and looks very nice. You would look good in one.
smiley-face-biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy your new 5th wheel no matter which one it is.
Just curious, how much imformation have you gotten from the Newmar towable owners forum?

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The Mesa is very nice. RVs4less in Knoxvile, TN just got one in with a great price, but unfortunately it just sold!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Just joined. We have been RVing for just about 12 yrs. In our 3rd Motorhome (04 Newmar Mountain Aire). Not on the road as much as we once were so we are looking to make the change to a 5th wheel. Enjoying our retired time in the sunny, warm southwest. Have been doing our research for about 5 months and have downselected to either a Newmar Kountry Aire or the Landmark Mesa. We'll mostly lurk to get the benefit of all your experiences.:cool:
I can tell you that after looking for quite a while the Mesa really hit a homerun for us.

I don't think you will find any other manufacturer that will give you more value than Heartland. There are coaches out there that are more expensive and have different whistles bells on them but dollar for dollar, AND for customer service if needed, Heartland is is in a league of their own.

And Gus is right about the Meas at RVs for Less, I think they just sold it. :) but they can get more!

RVIN4US

Welcome to the forum RVIN4US. About all I can say is we love our Heartland Bighorn. The LM Mesa is a new floorplan and looks very nice. You would look good in one.
smiley-face-biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy your new 5th wheel no matter which one it is.
Just curious, how much imformation have you gotten from the Newmar towable owners forum?

Peace
Dave

Haven't asked for much or needed much. We are very familiar with Newmar product lines. Actually only learned of the Heartland line a few months ago and started looking at BigHorn at first. When we visited a couple of dealers to see the BH we also saw virtually all the Landmark models. We were very impressed with quality and all the standard items that are options on most other units. Weights are great and well within the Tow Vehicle (GMC/Chev 3500HD DRW 4x4) we are getting ready to order. All in all it's going to be a tough choice.

jbeletti

Landmark Mesa? Great choice! I'm having one built in early February. Like all floor plans, there are compromises. But there's a lot to like in the Mesa.

If I had to pick one item that really makes the difference for me in the floor plan, it's a large freestanding island. Love it!

If I had to pick two items, the second would be a spilt bath (separate commode room). We just like that better.

Okay, twist my arm - if I had to pick three items, the third would be that I can put a dishwasher in this one. And it's name is not Nancy this time - it's Fisher-Paykel :)

I also agree with Dave (Cookie), I think you'd look great in one :) Get you one and join us in Gillette, WY with it in June. Then stay over a couple days and show it to some of your pals as Newmar is rallying there right after us. Jim Weeks who runs your club is a great guy.

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the forum and hopefully to say Congratulation as a new Heartland Owner. Absolutely love your forum name :) That would be a great custom license plate. Let us know your decision.

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I absolutely love the Mesa floorplan! I would strongly consider it if I ever fall out of love with my old Bighorn. We came from the motorhome side of RVs to a 5th wheel about 4 years ago. It's been a great choice for us, and was a smart decision, I think as our travel styles had changed quite a bit.
Heartland has taken excellent care of us, and after now working with them on the service side of the industry, I can say that they are one of my favorite companies to work with. And we're not even a dealer, just a small repair facility.

Now matter what you buy, please, please do a thorough PDI. As an experienced RV owner, we didn't. We didn't have any issues because we had an exceptional dealer, but in today's market, and from my experiences at work, I can say that they were a true exception. I cannot count the number of unhappy owners (of all brands) whose first trip was ruined by water leaks, or other small problems that would have been caught on a good inspection.

best of luck in your decision and hope to see you at a Heartland event in the future!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I can tell you that after looking for quite a while the Mesa really hit a homerun for us.

I don't think you will find any other manufacturer that will give you more value than Heartland. There are coaches out there that are more expensive and have different whistles bells on them but dollar for dollar, AND for customer service if needed, Heartland is is in a league of their own.

And Gus is right about the Meas at RVs for Less, I think they just sold it. :) but they can get more!

Hey Larry, I have a brand new one, just down the street from me at our dealer Chesapeake RV Solutions. Got to take a walk through before all my North Pole duties left me no time to sightsee. I KNOW Tim @ RV Solutions would love to sell you the one he has on the lot!! Knowing Tim you'd probably get just as good, if not better price than RV's for Less.

I'd really like to have the new Mesa, but She Who Must Be Listened to and Obeyed says we don't need a new one. HA, what does she know!!! Maybe I can convince her when we at at the Tampa RV Show next month and I can get her to walk through one and see how nicely laid out it is!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Larry, I have a brand new one, just down the street from me at our dealer Chesapeake RV Solutions. Got to take a walk through before all my North Pole duties left me no time to sightsee. I KNOW Tim @ RV Solutions would love to sell you the one he has on the lot!! Knowing Tim you'd probably get just as good, if not better price than RV's for Less.

I'd really like to have the new Mesa, but She Who Must Be Listened to and Obeyed says we don't need a new one. HA, what does she know!!! Maybe I can convince her when we at at the Tampa RV Show next month and I can get her to walk through one and see how nicely laid out it is!!

Hey Santa, good to hear from you. I am surprised you have any time at this time of year.Lots of kids waiting on you.:)

Sent you a PM.

JJOren

I suppose by now, you've made your choice but needed to throw our two cents into the discussion. We just purchased a Landmark MESA and couldn't be happier. As far as we are concerned it is the finest unit on the market today......bar none. And, Heartland is a fantastic company for support! You just can't go wrong with that combination. Good Luck!!

DougAndJudy

I suppose by now, you've made your choice but needed to throw our two cents into the discussion. We just purchased a Landmark MESA and couldn't be happier. As far as we are concerned it is the finest unit on the market today......bar none. And, Heartland is a fantastic company for support! You just can't go wrong with that combination. Good Luck!!

We've ordered a new Mesa, too. Should be delivered to AZ by mid-March. One question for current Mesa owners - What do you do for office/ computer space? I don't believe we saw a built-in accommodation for a computer center.

Thanks!

JJOren

LOL...I'm not sure I want to tell you!!! We have laptops so most of the time we just use them on our laps. However, we have put a table in the closet which is the washer dryer prep. Janie has her sewing machine in there and should we have something heavy duty we can do it there. Not a lot of room but more than you would think...LOL

FordMan1966

I ordered a Grand Canyon on January 31st and was told it would be here in 4 to 6 weeks. So about the same time as yours. How do you like your GC? We ordered the chocolate full body paint.

We've ordered a new Mesa, too. Should be delivered to AZ by mid-March. One question for current Mesa owners - What do you do for office/ computer space? I don't believe we saw a built-in accommodation for a computer center.

Thanks!

DougAndJudy

I ordered a Grand Canyon on January 31st and was told it would be here in 4 to 6 weeks. So about the same time as yours. How do you like your GC? We ordered the chocolate full body paint.

We have really enjoyed our Grand Canyon during the last two years that we have been living in it. It will take some time to adjust to a new floor plan. The main drawback in the GC, in our mind, is that there is not enough room to put the sofa in the rear under the big window. This is the main thing that attracted us to the Mesa floor plan.