noisy ceiling fan

wingfoot

I've seen post on this problem...but can't seem to find them. I am experiencing an inter-meting buzz from out OE ceiling fan. I've tried to determine the manufacture of these fans...but no luck. Below is who I believe makes the fan...their phone number does not work though.

Global Electric Products Inc
3105 Avenue E E
Arlington, TX 76011
Tarrant County
(817) 633-3544
You get a private residence when you call this number:mad:

Anyone have a cure for this problem. While trying to figure out the buzzing I noticed the previous owner had put a rubber band around the light globe..didn't work. So, it appears this has been an on going problem.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Larry

GOTTOYS

Mine rattled quite a bit when I got it new. My dealer said it they tightened the mounting bolts. Now it doesn't rattle but it does make a little buzzing noise. I just turn up the TV. I think the real cure would be to chuck the cheap thing and replace it with a better quality unit..maybe a Hunter brand....Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, you may have already tried this. Tighten or snug up every screw you can find. Start at the ceiling mount and work your way down. The other alternative is to disassemble the whole works and put it back together. make sure all the wiring is "tied" up.
Lin & I have been fortunate with our fan. It's been running about 5 years 24/7. No noise!

wingfoot

Thanks guys..I'm not opposed to replacing the fan, That is Ray if your "fix" doesn't work...but I have looked around and I am afraid I will have a clearance problem when bringing in the slides..Even with a ceiling mount application...

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I bought a new fan at lowe's the blades are removable. You just turn them sideways and they come right off. I broke a couple off blades on the fan that came with it when I pulled the slides in

fawsty

Hello there everyone. I had a similar issue with my fan, and took it to our local dealership to repair, with a punch list. The trailer was new at the time. They told me it was fixed, and I went on my way. The next time I used the trailer, the fan fell out of the ceiling box, and was hanging by the wires. I pulled the fan down, then put it back up as a new unit would be. There was only one screw holding the ceiling box in the roof. That fixed the issue, until I put the slide in and broke a blade off......

Rickhansen

Ours made a buzzing noise as well. I could get to quiet down if grabbed the light fixture and applied some pressure to the fan. I've pretty much solved it by placing felt cabinet door bumpers between the fan shroud and the plastic recessed trim box.

navyAZ1

Ours made a buzzing noise as well. I could get to quiet down if grabbed the light fixture and applied some pressure to the fan. I've pretty much solved it by placing felt cabinet door bumpers between the fan shroud and the plastic recessed trim box.

Ours did the same thing, figured out it was a intermitent vibration. I took the fan apart and tightened up everything I could find, and then placed a folded piece of cardboard between the fan body and the plastic box in the ceiling, vibration stopped, WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!