washer/dryer combo

Susie R

We purchased a 2008 Big Horn 6 weeks ago and are getting ready to retire and enjoy life. I have a question regarding the Splendide washer/dryer combo. With 120 volts does it get your clothes dry or do you have to run the dryer forever? I am looking to purchase one, but need to know if there is another model that does better.

jpmorgan37

Susie R;
We installed the Splendide Combo-Matic 6200. It is ventless and didn't require anything (other than strong backs) to get it in and hooked up. It takes about three hours to do a complete wash/dry cycle and the clothes are clean and dry, providing you don't overload it. A typical load for us is 1 pair of jeans, 2 tee shirts and 2 hand towels. Two tablespoon fulls of Tide (for front loaders) is all you need.

Hope this helps.

John

Cooper

LG makes a comb with the vent. I have heard lots of bad comments about the Splendide unit. Check the internet.

Princess Kathleen

I love my combo....washes and dries all at one time...no wait time to switch the load over....the drying time has from 0 to 120 minutes...I have mine set for 50 min and dries everything. You do have to wash smaller loads, but that is ok with me...the combo uses little washing detergent....go to splendide.com to read more how tos on the combo...

PK

Tom of Ypsi

We also have the Splendide combo and love it. Like everyone has stated it does small loads but on rainy days, sitting around the campsite etc just throw in a load and it is done. We did look at the LG model, the salesperson was not familiar with the Splendide but steered us away from the LG. Do your homework and make up your own mind. Good Luck.

Susie R

JP,

Thanks for the info, it helped alot. We use to belong to JPMorgan but moved all of our investments to Fidelity :)

Susie

We too are new at the RV world. We haven't picked our Cyclone up yet. Have to get the other one moved out of the yard before we can bring it home. We had the dealers plumb it for washer/dryer combo but now are trying to decide what to buy. I was told by a friend that you have to be careful which one you get because some use a lot of water to cool down. Does the Splendid do that? Also, the dealer said to be sure not to get one over 110 plug in because he's had people burn up their whole RV wiring system with the wrong size. Comments anybody?

jpmorgan37

Gypsy;
The Splendide non-vented uses water to aid in the drying process. That is the one that we have. It uses less than five gallons during the drying process to condense the moisture coming out of the clothes. If you are using city water and have a sewer hook-up, it's not a concern. otherwise get the vented model.
John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Does anyone elses camper shake when the washer spins. I know that we can expect some shaking, but I do not know what is normal. I know my wife is careful of how much laundry she puts in the washer so I don't think that is it. The camper does not shake violently but as I said we have never owned a washer/dryer for a camper before and I am not sure of what is normal.Thanks Terry and Renee

jbeletti

Terry and Renee,

Yes, our Splendide combo unit does shake the trailer. Same as yours - not violently but a medium level vibration at a fairly constant frequency.

Jim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Jim,I knew that we would feel some shaking but I wasn't sure how much was normal. A funny thing happened while we were at the beach. We were watching a movie with the surround sound on in our camper with some friends. There was an explosion in the movie and the washer was spinning which of course shook the trailer just as the explosion occured. My friend looked at me and said "Hey Terry, Great special effects."Anyway thanks for the response.