ATF: Edge - exposed water tank

I purchased a 2010 M22 edge and would like to know the best way to keep my exposed fresh water tank from freezing up when i take it to the mountains to go skiing.

danemayer

On the Luxury 5th wheels, there's an option for tank heating pads - but the tanks are in enclosed, heated underbelllies. If your fresh tank is exposed to the outside air, a heating pad may not be enough. There may not be any reasonable way to keep the fresh water from freezing.

You might be able to put some RV antifreeze in your black and gray tanks to keep them from freezing and use water jugs for the bathroom.

GOTTOYS

Don't use it... carry some water in a 5 gal jug or 2 and just pour it out as you need it. I can't think of any easy way to keep an exposed tank from freezing...Don

RonBB

The Edge line wasn't designed as a 4 season trailer. If you figure out a reasonable way to accomplish this & have a successful ski trip with the trailer without freezing issues please post a description & post a few photos of the modifications, or how you did this as many of us would be interested. Personally I don't know of any simple or reasonable way to use the trailer on the slopes at near zero degree F. temperatures. Best of luck.

Yellowreef

If it goes below freezing only at night, and stays reasonably warm (40-50) during the day it wont be enough to freeze your tanks. Having the furnace and water heater on will also help. One way to calculate this is average the low and high temp for the day, if the average is above freezing youll be ok. Also the tank heating pads will work regardless of the tanks being enclosed.