Outside TV Mount

Sig290

The mod I would most prefer is to have a TV mount built into the under belly storage with access to the cable. I could see being able to fold out the TV to watch the game etc and tucking it nicely back into storage when done. Just think it would be a nice mod to add.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sig290, welcome to the forum. The mod that you would like to do is something that many people have done. If your rig does not have an antenna jack in the basement, look behind the wall. You should be able to find a cable from the UDC and add a splitter and a coax connecter in your wall.
Then install an articulating arm and your TV and your good to go.
Post some pics when you do this mod.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just finally finished this mod on my coach. Added the final Television tie down straps. Ordered them from HL and received them today. If anyone is in need of them I have the part number.

jbeletti

Sig,

I've had this on the last 3 RVs. I prefer this Omni brand articulating mount. When you do this mod, here's a couple of suggestions:
  1. Remove the bulkhead wall and reinforce the area you will bolt the mount to. Consider sandwiching a couple 2x4s together where the bolts/lags will go through from the mount.
  2. Mount the mount as close as you can to the storage door opening (while still being able to fold the TV back in fully) to get maximum extension of it, outside the storage compartment
  3. Consider have a padded vinyl cover made that slips down over the TV for storage to protect screen and frame from scratches from other stored gear
  4. Taking 3 above to the next level, consider recessing the TV storage area back into the bulkhead wall to further protect it
  5. Create some way to hold your storage compartment door down to just above the TV. This will serve to shield the screen a bit from the sun and light rain. Sun screening it not only shades it so you can see it, but direct sunlight on an LCD TV screen can make it turn dark until the screen cools off.
Have fun go nuts, take pics and share them here.

Jim

Brandon.Prewitt

Just got a TV and mount for this from the DW for an early Christmas present. The salesman told her to but LED, a little more expensive, because the LCD could freeze.