Recessed Ceiling Lights

lizzymit

Good Morning and Merry Christmas,

We have a 2011 Bighorn 3610RE and want to clean the ceiling lights. They only pull out an inch or so and we are wondering how we go about removing the glass lence for cleaning and removing ceiling debris that has fallen into them.

Appreciate any comments.

Tom

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those light cannisters will come all the way out. You say you can pull one down about an inch. Look closely at it. There will be two springs with wires that still go up into the hole. They are kind of like a mouse trap and will snap out when you pull the fixture down some more. However you may not need to remove the canister to get the lens off. The lens is just held in with a little detent. Holding the canister with one hand then a slight CC turn on the lens should get it off.

Peace
Dave

Westwind

Thanks for posting this, I wondered how to do it. Tried once and got leery of pulling on it afraid that they would not stay in after I pulled it out.

lizzymit

Dave,

Thanks for the help. I tried it and although they were very tight I did manage to get them off and start cleaning them. I appreciate the reply.

Tom

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The lens itself can be unscrewed about 1/16 turn counter clockwise and then it comes off, without taking the can out. At least that's how we do it. Trace