New 5th wheel owner

Just purchased an Elkridge 34STRE. We will go through 4 hours of training on Thursday but my husband want to know ahead of time how you winterize this unit.:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Deborah, If this is a new unit from a dealer, they should winterize it after your pdi. You can ask them to do this if they haven't already included it as part of the sale. They should also explain the winterizing process as well. It's much easier learned as a "hands on" training thing.
The main thing is to insure you get all of the water out of the plumbing system including the pump, exterior shower and hot water heater. Add RV anti freeze to the drain traps. Make sure the battery is fully charged and remove it and bring it into a garage or basement.
I'll check the "wiki" for you. There may be a procedure there.

Here you go Deb... CLICK HERE

57chevyconvt

Deborah,
As noted by Ray, please have the RV dealer do the first winterizing of your unit. Also, have the dealer to exercise the 3-way valves in your presence so that you know that they are working properly. The 3-way valves, in the UDC, as supplied on a lot of the RV's have a problem with the plastic handle not rotating the valve stem. If there is a problem, let the dealer take responsibility for the repairs or replacement.

jimtoo

Re: Can't wait

Trading in old unit for a 2013 Elkridge E30 tomorrow

HI Kev,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for your PDI tomorrow, do a really good, slow inspection. Make sure you can work everything and everything works, from hitching to unhitching, water hookup,, tank draining. Have them hook trailer to water and elec to check for leaks and operation of all appliances. If possible stay a day or two on lot or near dealer to have anything corrected before you take it home.

Enjoy the forum and your new Elkridge. Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club also where you will make lots of great friends.

Jim M

Sandie

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Elkridge. We are currently full timing in our Elkridge for a few years and we love it!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Re: Can't wait

Congratulations on the new rig! No doubt you will have happy camping adventures in the Elkridge. They are awesome coaches!

Best Wishes!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love our ElkRidge, I'm sure you will, too. Be sure you check everything during the PDI, don't take the dealers word that it works. You have the most power before the sale to catch anything that would make you unhappy.

Welcome to the Heartland Family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev

First outing

Taking my new Elkridge e30 on its first camping trip this weekend. Can't wait to use it and my two daughters are excited to use the big bunk room.

Kev

First outing with our new Elkridge e30 went good. Everything performed well no problems. My two daughters loved the bunk bed room. Shame the camp season just about over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 19

jbeletti

Deborah - if you're able to make it, the MO Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club is having their rally in Hannibal this weekend. It would be GREAT if you can make it.

Kev - The Heartland Owners Club is holding their 1st Annual Northeast Regional Rally in 2 weeks in Copake, NY. If you can join us, you won't regret it!