San Antonio RV Show and Sale

jimtoo

It looks like the San Antonio RV Show is breaking away from the San Antonio Boat & RV show finally. Boat dealers had just about taken over. The San Antonio RV Show is going to be at the Exposition Center of Joe Freeman Coliseum. Dates are January 5 thru 8th, 2012.

As it is right now we are planning on being there on the 6th and 7th. Should be in the ExploreUSA area as they are the Heartland Dealer in this area. If anyone is attending, please stop by and say Hello.

Jim and Bette M

Gaffer

Thinking about staying at Travelers World for 2 weeks in March. Anyone stayed there recently and care to comment on it? How about other S.A. area parks? Thanks.
PJ

pegmikef

Good deal. I was looking for somewhere to go in January. I am sure I can find a camp ground or RV park close by. We need to look at new rigs anyway.

SilverRhino

It looks like the San Antonio RV Show is breaking away from the San Antonio Boat & RV show finally.

I'm glad that they are seperating.....Many of the shows have been taken over by the boating industry, fine if you are interested in a boat!

Wish that we were going to attend.....Already have plans for that time frame.....New "point of articulation" to be "installed" replacing my right knee on the 5th, so I better plan on staying in Lubbock :(

billnsue

Anyone attending the show your invited to stay at the San Antonio KOA less than a mile from the coliseum. Will even give all going a 15% discount. Come on by and say hello!

Bill & Sue

jimtoo

The RV Show and Sale is going good. Was there today from about 11am till 6pm. Saw several forum members and spread the word about the forum to others. We will be there tomorrow, Saturday, Jan 7th, about the same time. We will be in the ExploreUSA area with the Heartland Units and a couple of factory reps.

If your in the area, stop by and say hello.

Jim M

jimtoo

We were at the RV Show and Sale in San Antonio today from about12:30 till 6:30. Met quite a few folks and some future Heartland Owners. The sale is going good for all the dealers it appears, at least we didn't see any salesmen without a smile on their face.

Jim M

JasonShrout

We are headed that way in about 20 minutes. Will the ExploreUSA area be easy to find? Are there any Cyclone 3950's there?

jimtoo

Yes, they are easy to find, layout map given on arrival in building. Yes, they do have a couple of Cyclones on display, not sure if 3950's.

dglatta

Hey Jim!
it was good to meet you and Bette in SA. We look forward to meeting again on down the road!

JasonShrout

Jim,
For a first RV Show, that was great! They did have some Cyclones and one of them was a 3950. Strangely, they were the only ones with them there. Even though it wasn't what we were looking for, it was good to actually lay-hands on the trailers instead of just watching the youtube videos.

jimtoo

ExploreUSA is the dealer for Cyclones in a huge area of Texas. They have eight locations in Texas. That is the reason they were the only ones with Cyclones on display. They are a good dealer to work with.

See you down the road or at a Heartland Rally.

Jim M

Jim,
For a first RV Show, that was great! They did have some Cyclones and one of them was a 3950. Strangely, they were the only ones with them there. Even though it wasn't what we were looking for, it was good to actually lay-hands on the trailers instead of just watching the youtube videos.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim...how was the vendor area...busy? Passed on this show...1st year and didn't care for the layout...

jimtoo

Hi Kathy and Ken,

I was in the vendor area only a couple of times. Not many vendors at all, maybe 18. No one selling your product or anything like it either. But both times I was there, very few customers. I don't think you missed out on much. Maybe next year, now that it has gotten a start and separate from the boats, it will be better for vendors. I think the dealers were happy, I know ExploreUSA was happy. A lot of the units on display had sold signs in them.

Overall I think it was really good. Had a lot of folks out looking and shopping.

Jim M

pegmikef

Yeah, I agree, I thought the vendor area was really weak . . . kind of like an afterthought by someone. It was nice seeing you again Jim. We'll probably see you in Spring in April. Mike

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thanks Jim....just what I thought would happen...really bad layout for vendors. Customers could easily avoid area altogether. Glad I passed. Unless they change it, won't go next year either.

jimtoo

Just to let everyone know, ExploreUSA sold 25 Heartland Units at the San Antonio RV Show and Sale that was Jan, 5,6,7,8, 2012.

Congratulations! Great Show!

Jim M