What temperature lows to winterize?

wdk450

Gang:
I have never worried about it before, as our average monthly lows for Sacramento in December and January are 35-38, but this year the nightly lows have been steadily in the 26-32 degree area. Do I need to worry about winterizing? I store in an unheated indoor facility.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Gang:
I have never worried about it before, as our average monthly lows for Sacramento in December and January are 35-38, but this year the nightly lows have been steadily in the 32 degree area. Do I need to worry about winterizing? I store in an unheated indoor facility.

You might get away with just air blasting the lines clear, so long as you don't have sustained temps at or below freezing.

Crumgater

You're in an indoor facility?
Even unheated, if the daytime temps are above 36, I wouldn't think the indoor temp would get much below 32 at night... you could get a thermometer with high/lo memory and see how it looks.

ihsolutions

What are the daytime highs on those days?

I'm guessing you'll be just fine, but it really depends how warm it gets during the days.

In my manufactured housing business, we don't even consider winterizing as long as the daytime highs hit the freezing mark. Granted, they are a little bit better insulated than RV's, but not by much.