Back Up manual crank-front jacks

Scott,

I just found out the my Cyclone does not have the hole for the manual crank after reading this on the forum from other owners. My fiver warranty just expired in March. I believe this should still be covered since it is a factory defect/mistake and not really a warranty item. Problem is, my dealer is 4 1/2 hours away and I cannot just drop everything and take to them. I would like to be assured that the next time I take it to them I can have this fixed with no expense to me.

I also have another question. I orderd my trailer without the electric queen beds in the garage. Can these still be installed at a later date or was the trailer built without the needed support in the framing because they were not original installs?

Thanks,

Steve

Scott

Steve,
Give Jim Fenner a call and he can help you with the getting the manual crank hole installed. We will cover it at NO COST to you.
As for the beds, I think every sidewall has those support brackets in them, but Jim can check on that for you as well. Worst case scenario - if they aren't - then the wall board can be removed, backers can be installed, and then the panels put back up.
ST

Scott,

I just got back from a long trip and found another problem.

We needed to use the dinette for sleeping for one of our kids and the table top will not fit between the dinette seats. It is off by about a 1/2''. I can only assume the table top was built too big or the seats were mounted too close. Never had to use the dinette as a bed before this trip and now the warranty is up. Would Heartland still be willing to fix this problem that is not due to anything but an original intallation flaw in my rig? I need to take it in to get the manual crank hole for the front jacks installed and would like to get this fixed also.

Please advise.

Thanks

Scott

Sorry about that Big Kahuna. Yes we will get that fixed for you. It sounds like they might have mounted the dinette bases off by 1/2". The table size is typically standard, so I would think it was human error in where they mounted the bases.
Give Chris DeLapaz a call (Jim Fenner is on vacation) at 574.262.8030 and he will help you get in to a local service center (since your dealer is so far away). It should be a quick fix.
Let Chris know that you are "Big Kahuna" - because that's the name I gave him.
ST

Scott,

Thank you for your prompt replies. I will be taking the unit to the dealer I purchased it from which is Bates RV as I am going to have the queen beds installed in the garage. Can I just reference this e-mail conversation for the warranty work or should I get something from Heartland to confirm Heartland will take care of the manual crank and dinette issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Scott

Steve - just make sure you get with Chris DeLaPaz and have him set it up with Bates. I don't want you to show up there and not have it all prepared to go.
ST

Scott,

I finally had the manual cranks put in and the dining partially fixed back in September.

The dealer said he was going to order another dinette table top, under warranty, as ours was broken/cracked from not fitting properly due to the misalignment of the dinette installation. He said he would have it shipped directly to us so we did not have to drive 4 hours to pick it up.

Since we have not received it yet we called them and they are claiming that since they no longer represent Heartland that Heartland is giving them a hard time. I do not believe this and tend to think they are just not bothering.

Please advise how I can get this settled.

Thanks,

Steve