What to do with removed equipment?

squire

Has anyone else had to remove equipment from your coach and wondered what to do with it? We intend to keep the coach (it's our home) for several years and I don't want to have to keep stuff in storage. I took out the closet doors, because my wife didn't like the idea of a giant mirror next to the bed, and replaced them with a curtain. I also removed the mattress from the rear upper bunk to store linens and the door between the garage because it gets in the way. I've no reason to put any of it back in and don't see the point of storing it. I considered whether or not it would be worth keeping for when we do eventually sell it but I doubt that it would be much of an issue by that time. Would a dealer be interested in taking it off our hands to use as parts, maybe? They were all removed during the first week of ownership (and I haven't missed them).

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we went full time in 2006, we sold our home but knew that we would eventually get back into a home again someday. Weather it would be a rental or purchase, we knew we would need some our stuff to get started again. We were able to rent a good size storage facility at a good rate because we paid a year in advance. We also put some of our stuff in our Sons garage.
Like you, there were things in our Bighorn that just didn't "Fit". We put them in storage. One day when we sell the rig, it will put it back into OEM condition. We've since bought a house and now have that stuff in a shed waiting for the day we sell the BH.
I would think things like closet doors and a mattress might not bother some buyers but I think the average buyer would rather have a coach similar to how it came from the factory. Just my opinion.

GETnBYE

I would consider storing the closet doors for resale, but as for the mattress you could always try to sell on craigs list or sell both there.
good luck

SmokeyBare

Habitat for Humanity in many areas have a Re-Sale Shop. They take in donated items and sell them to support their programs.

Might consider them or another organization. Perhaps the Salvation Army Re-Sale shop.

porthole

Retired
If I was looking at a used Cyclone to buy and it had no door between the garage and living room, that would definitely be an issue for me.
Every thing we are not currently using on the Cyclone that was factory is stored for future sale-trade.

Birchwood

Store the doors and sell the furniture as it will deteriorate and become outdated anyway.You may never be able to find
replacement doors .

squire

I can see the point about keeping the garage door. The next owner might be using the coach differently than we do and might need that door. The mattress was really always a no-brainer; I can get those anywhere. The closet doors are the only remaining question. The curtain just works and removes weight from the tongue. Every little bit helps when you have the washer and my wife's shoe collection:)

Thanks!

gjackson

Like you, we full time. We took out the beautiful but bulky bedding, replaced the dining chairs with less bulky folding wood chairs, and replaced the recliners with Lay-z-Boys. We stored all of the removed items and will put them back in the BH when we are ready to sell. Frankly, I would probably pass up a unit without closet doors and the garage door unless the price made it too good a deal to pass up (JMHO).