quotes on golden gate

davebennington

Has there been any serious price increases in the past 45 days? We talked to several dealrs and received quotes and when we went to see one of the dealers the price went up alot. Has any body else had this problem?

Dave

Cheryl

When we bought our old 5th wheel, we ordered it during an RV show in January. When we went to pick it up - in April, another family happened to be at the dealership. They inquired about our 5th wheel. The dealer quoted them a MUCH higher price than what we paid. We always thought it was because of the time of the year - January being a slower selling time for campers than April would be.

davebennington

quotes

They are going to make me angry, if the next dealer that I am going to this weekend does the same it will be time to go back and talk to the Doubletree dealer. I do not like to be jerked around. It is a shame because I like the landmark trailer.

Dave

davebennington

Things work out

Things went well at the dealer on Sat. we commited to a 2006 Golden Gate, to be delivered in about 6 weeks.:D The wife person is happy now.:D:D.

Dave & Julie

driver311

check this dealer

I am in TN. and have been to several Landmark dealers and have found one in Knoxville. He had the best prices i have found anywhere. Might give him a call. Rvs for Less
:D

BluegrassMan

Price Change ?

Hi Everyone:

When I ordered our Grand Canyon, it was just after the new year, then changes came from Heartland RV. Things that once were optional are now standard. Things ( not many ) that were standard were changed to optional. This did change the base price of the unit, I think it was just over $2000 more.

It seemed to me that the trailer was a good value for the extra 2K, it was more high-line. Which was alright with me. When you're spending that much what's 2K in the BIG picture.:cool:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I was very disappointed in the price quoted me by my Houston dealer for a Monticello. He also gave me a price for a Bighorn 3655. Right now, I am looking elsewhere for Landmark dealers, so we'll just have to wait and see what I can find.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Jayc
Go online to www.rvsforless.com they are in Knoxville Tn but may be worth your drive to get one from them. If you can not make the drive call them and talk to Butch, he may make arrangements to deliver.

Rick

Just looked at a few landmarks today.WOW!!!!! What a coach.My wife and I bought a used Dutchman from aclose family friend a couple of years ago.I must admit it was more of a wife decision.I didn't know a lot about the RVing life style.Needless to say my wife and I are hooked.Soooo the long and short of it is we have been looking at 5th wheel RV's for acouple of years trying to figure out which one had all the things we were looking for.Trying to kill an hour before we went to a movie this afternoon we decided to go to an rv dealer acroos the street from the movie theatre.I must admit these are the finest RV's we have seen.Won't be able to pick one up for a year or so but we have found the one we have been looking for.

jbeletti

Hi Rick and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

What Landmark floor plan did you like the best? We liked the Mt. Rushmore best and when the time was right, that's what we ordered. Lucky me, we're in it right now at the Granger, IN KOA (a really nice KOA actually).

What area of the country are you guys in? We got a great deal on our Landmark in central Illinois.

If you ever get the chance, head on over to Elkhart, IN for a tour of the Heartland plant. Not only can you see how they are constructed but it will give you a great opportunity to speak to the owners and ask any questions you may have about the company or the product.

Take care,

Jim

Rick

My wife (Sandi) and I hail from the Panhandle of Fla.Panama City Bch to be exact. We looked at Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Golden gate and Monticello.We both really like the Golden Gate.We currently own a F250 7.3 diesel pulling a Dutchman 29'.

jbeletti

Hi Rick,

Florida - fun! We love Florida but don't get there often enough and have never camped there.

Jeff, founder of this forum owns a Golden Gate. Be sure to ask him any questions you may have about that floor plan if it will help you decide.

Jim

Rick

Thanks for the info Jim.We have been brainstorming to figure out a way to get it done a little sooner than we had planned but we will see.The coach is everything we have been looking for.I really like the idea of the UDC.

Rick

Ya gotta be careful on what the local dealer tells you.My local dealer is about 20K higher than one I found in Ga.This was after surfing the net for about 15 mins.

jbeletti

Rick,

What worked for me was to configure the exact coach I wanted, then work with several dealers on that coach. For me, price was a great beginning point, then reputation (from other cusotmers), service, proximity, trade-allowance and other factors figured in.

I did the same thing on my truck (initially all by email, then phone follow-ups) and got an awesome deal.

Best of luck to you,

Jim