Lippert Level Up reset control

bdb2047

On our level up after setting up using auto level we have to disconnect all power to level up before being able to use level up again.I cannot find a wiring diagram for system.I would like to put a switch in 12V supply to level up control.There is a wire from main power to pump it goes to unit mounted in center,top of front storage area.I have not tried removing wire to see if this will disconnect power and allow unit to reset.Is anyone fimilar with this as we are on road for several months do not want to experiment to much and make an expensive problem.Thanks

danemayer

Dave, I've had the same experience and also find it annoying. Lippert apparently thought it a good idea to prevent accidental repeat leveling, but they updated the design in 2011 to remove this feature. I use the battery cutoff switch as a reset since it's close at hand. Of course, it also resets the refrigerator defrost cycle, so that's not ideal.

Removing the race that holds the control panel isn't too difficult although it's a bit of a puzzle. Wouldn't be hard to add a switch next to the levelup control panel.

I've attached the Lippert manual that includes some info about the wiring harness. It's not as explicit as one might like, but might be good enough. I'd guess this is the relevant info: "241317 - 6-position harness - Brain to Power Supply. RED to Battery Power (+)"

If you call Lippert, maybe they'll be kind enough to confirm this info and advise on what they think about splicing in a switch. Of course, their lawyers are sure to mention that any modification will void the warranty - but maybe you're out of warranty anyway.

Please post updates as your project progresses.

Attachments

• Lippert om-level-up-automatic-leveling.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 80