new 32buds owner with problems

dtodd

brought home our new TT 3 weeks ago used it 1 time for the christmas weekend and took it back to the dealer for its first service, it has just a couple of issues that have arised, main slide sliced the floor in the kitchen area, doors in front bedroom will not stay in place in tow, leak in kitchen sink, we want to have them install a plug in the inside and outside kitchen, the labels on the grey and black water drain handles are back wards, and the bathroom faucet in to close to the sink so that you can't even wash your hands, other then some small problems seems to be a great TT so far. Question are these common problems in North Trail TT, any help would be great

olyfire

We bought our 32BUDS April of 2010. It seemed that we had more than the normal number of problems. Some small and one large problem. Our large slide mechanism had to be replace.
After a number of calls to Heartland customer service and our dealer everything was fixed. It took about 4 trips to the dealer over the first year for repairs.
The good part of the story is that everyone was excellent to work with. Heartland customer service was so good to work with and always helped to come up with solutions.
We travel extensively with our BUDS and are very happy with it. We have 9 grandchildren and they go with us all summer.
Once everything was fixed it has been a very good trailer.

We got our 32BUDS in April and didn't go on our first trip until Memorial Day weekend. The first night we gave the girls a bath and when we drained the tub the pipe had a crack and leaked. We brought it back to the dealer (Flagg RV in MA) and they fixed it in four days so we could go on our next trip the next week. After the second trip we haven't noticed any major problems. We'll see what happens after the third trip in July.

ZNK

I have the smaller 29BUDS and have only had one problem, that was the outside shower nozzle was not connected and I had to open up the wood work and reconnect it.

However, I do agree with you that the placement of the faucet in bathroom is rough...with my big hands it is hard to get them under the faucet because it is placed so far to the back of the sink. I have though about replacing it as well as the faucet in the kitchen with bigger faucets. The one in the kitchen could really be more usable with a sprayer head included.

Kevdc77

We just brought our 32buds home on Saturday and when we got it home, one of the sliding doors had come unbuttoned and snapped at the top. It was just hanging there. The core of the door at the top broke in half where it connects to the ceiling track. I called the dealer and he said he would get a hold of Heartland on Monday. So he did and they are shipping me a door to my house with extra pieces that attach to the door and go in the tracks. And I told him they should 2 of those plastic door glides per door that the doors sit on. He said he would have them ship me some extra ones of those too. I don't think it will be too tough to fix it on my own.

CliffP

We've been waiting for a good deal on a bronze replacement faucet to match our hardware. Have seen chrome or nickel finished faucets for $25 that would give some room to get your hands under. Still have more important things to do to ours but its on the list.

CliffP

brought home our new TT 3 weeks ago used it 1 time for the christmas weekend and took it back to the dealer for its first service, it has just a couple of issues that have arised, main slide sliced the floor in the kitchen area, doors in front bedroom will not stay in place in tow, leak in kitchen sink, we want to have them install a plug in the inside and outside kitchen, the labels on the grey and black water drain handles are back wards, and the bathroom faucet in to close to the sink so that you can't even wash your hands, other then some small problems seems to be a great TT so far. Question are these common problems in North Trail TT, any help would be great

We put a hook on the bedroom doors to keep them together during transport and relocated the plastic straps to the bottom of the door just to keep them held to the island. Wood putty filled the holes decently.

Had to deal with some loose plumbing so went through and checked all the fittings we could get to including the outside shower by removing the ladder in the bunkhouse.

Also have plans for adding plugs in both kitchens, back wall in outside kitchen and bottom of the cupboard above sink (making sure coffee pot cord reaches).

I bought a silver paint marker and colored the gray water (forward) handle silver. Would have been nice if there were gray handles on the gray water tank from the factory.

A lesson I've learned is not to sweat the small stuff, work with Heartland Customer Service if you can't get your dealer to fix issues that require replacement parts. They'll find another dealer that will take care of problems. We bought our North Trail to get away enjoy, and relax. That's tought to do if all uptight about things.

ZNK

I was looking at Home Depot the other day. To get the matching bronze it is about 200 for a faucet and sprayer combo...Crazy! Something I think I can wait on. I need to get a cover first, then an electric tongue jack...to pretty pricey purchases.

We've been waiting for a good deal on a bronze replacement faucet to match our hardware. Have seen chrome or nickel finished faucets for $25 that would give some room to get your hands under. Still have more important things to do to ours but its on the list.

CliffP

I was looking at Home Depot the other day. To get the matching bronze it is about 200 for a faucet and sprayer combo...Crazy! Something I think I can wait on. I need to get a cover first, then an electric tongue jack...to pretty pricey purchases.

There are some pretty cool ones out there. We had seen some around $60 that would match and look good. Sure would be nice to be able to buy everything for the camper now but don't have time to do it all right away anyway.:)

What have you looked at for covers?

ZNK

Cliff,

I have only looked at Camping World. Was going to order a custom fit one off of their website. Pricey but the tighter the fit the longer the cover will last.

Any suggestions? In my region I have to deal with lots of rain. Have to make sure I get one that can stand up to a lot of water.

CliffP

Cliff,

I have only looked at Camping World. Was going to order a custom fit one off of their website. Pricey but the tighter the fit the longer the cover will last.

Any suggestions? In my region I have to deal with lots of rain. Have to make sure I get one that can stand up to a lot of water.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-covers/adco-designer-covers-trailer.htm is the only site other than camping world that we've looked at. CW is free shipping for Good Sam members. We'll probably store ours outside this winter so want to get one by November so still have time to shop. Would be a good thread to start.

Wish we had some of your rain! We've only had about a half inch for the last month.

We just purchased our 2011 32buds in June, lefotver model. There were a long list of items that need to be repaired and it was new. We have it at camping world now for the work to be completed. One of the biggest problems what we have is that while we love all the great ammenities the coach has, the 30 amp service is not nearly big enough to handle all the ammenities. We are constantly juggling different things turning them on and off to not have to reset the breaker. While all the excellent items are good not being able to run more than two things at a time is no help either. Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We have run into the same problem with juggling between the AC, half-time oven, and the electric water heater. I installed a hard wired EMS-HW30C surge protector with remote display. Using the remote display indicates how much power I am using and quickly learned how much each device uses. I can now look at the remote display and determine whether I can run the microwave oven when the AC is running since I can now tell if the Hot water heater is using electric or not. Most of the time, I can now run what I want without worrying about whether I will blow a breaker. This ended up being an extra benefit of adding the surge protector and since I have added it, I have not tripped a circuit breaker due to an unintentional overload.

CliffP

When we use the microwave we switch the AC to fan only. Cool air keeps blowing for that short time and its easier than resetting breakers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had this issue with
Microwave and AC in our NorthTrail. We trained ourselves to turn the AC off to run the micro. We do the same now in the ER. Don't try to run micro with 2ACs, always turn one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk