Official Digitial Dometic Thermostat

Inks

Has anyone else see this new device? Dometic 3313189.000 Single Zone LCD Thermostat and Control Kit PDF is attached. Looks like its a new accessory.

Attachments

• Single-Zone-LCD-Thermostat[1].pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 245

Westwind

I have it in my 2012 Bighorn 3070 but I only have the Furnace and AC, I noticed other models have the Heat Pump and a setting for Heat strip. I had thought about adding a Heat Strip, looks like I would change out the thermostat also.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think I saw these in some new displays at an RV show last month. It looks good but I wonder if it will work with the older trailers only having a 2 speed fan with 4 wires? In the pdf it noted a 3 wire connector. I think it's similar to the old land line phone connectors.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We also have this in our 2011 3455RL, It works great. Easy to keep the coach at a steady temp.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Dometic is phasing out most of their other comfort control systems and we are seeing no availability in the older comfort controls, and having to do a "forced" upgrade (not covered by most extended warranties). My guess as to the reason would be mercury in some of the switches on the older units. Depending on the age of your unit, you may have to have a new control box as well as the thermostat.
I think I'm going to put one of these on next month. We have a digital thermostat that we installed a couple years ago, but I've not been happy with the single fan speed issue on most of the aftermarkets. I'll report back when we have a chance to test it.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I'm not sure where you found it for that much, but retail should run under $60. Dealer cost from Dometic is under $25 and usual markup on their parts is between .4 and .5. We ordered 2 yesterday at the shop, so will let you know how they install and if there are issues between 3 and 4 wire installs. Couldn't locate a schematic for the wiring anywhere, so we just ordered a couple to experiment with.

porthole

Retired
I have one of the older digital models. Never got it to work on our trailer.
I hope this one works, sure would like to have an easy to adjust digital controller. we have a heat strip which negates the standard Hunter upgrade.

Last edited:

ncc1701e

I have a 2011 Sundane with the old style themostat. If one of you guys makes a change over to the digital please post the wiring. I've had a dealer tell me my trailer wasn't wired to allow the change over. Didn't question him, but I have to believe there is a solution out there.

porthole

Retired
I have a 2011 Sundane with the old style themostat. If one of you guys makes a change over to the digital please post the wiring. I've had a dealer tell me my trailer wasn't wired to allow the change over. Didn't question him, but I have to believe there is a solution out there.

If you don't have a heat strip or heat pump why not go with the simple Hunter change out?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The connection on various A/C units is different. The new T'stat requires the newer type connection which resembles a land line phone connector. It may be able to be adapted somehow but... I'd wager the new Dometic T'stat is near $100. The Hunter is closer to $20 plus the small toggle switch at Radio Shack.

Bobby A

The connection on various A/C units is different. The new T'stat requires the newer type connection which resembles a land line phone connector. It may be able to be adapted somehow but... I'd wager the new Dometic T'stat is near $100. The Hunter is closer to $20 plus the small toggle switch at Radio Shack.

I was able to get one of the new T/stats with the phone connectors like you mentioned Ray but so far have been unable to find a conversion to make it work, so it sits in my spare parts bin. I thought it would be a easy conversion, simply get a phone type jack and convert the wireing but so far I have been out of luck, but honestly it hasn't been very high on my priority list. I have had the Hunter for a couple years now and it works pretty well. If anyone know how to convert please let me know and PM me.

Happy New Year everyone,
Bobby A

jnbhobe

If I knew what wire did what on the new thermostat phone wire it would be an easy change over for me. I have the Hunter now and only use the high speed fan any way, so unless someone gives me one mine will stay the way it is