another hydraulic leak question

Bobby A

I decided to check the water level in my battery this evening and when I removed the battery box top I had hydraulic fluid on top of it, it wasn't to much, I would guess about a teaspoon full that I swabbed up with a paper towel. I just had the level up system installed in October so it has to be one of those lines ( by the pump). Not sure what I should do ?? will it cause a problem when I go to use my level up when I leave Florida in 4 months ??
Suggestion please ??

Thank you,
Bobby

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, I had a small leak like that in my last rig. Other than being a pain, it did not cause any problems while I waited for parts.
You may have a loose fitting or a cracked fitting. In my case it was a cracked fitting.
I would clean everything up and wrap some tissue paper around each fitting to see if you can isolate which one is leaking.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

Bobby, I had a small leak like that in my last rig. Other than being a pain, it did not cause any problems while I waited for parts.
You may have a loose fitting or a cracked fitting. In my case it was a cracked fitting.
I would clean everything up and wrap some tissue paper around each fitting to see if you can isolate which one is leaking.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave, I will get on it tomorrow.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It's also possible it got there during the installation process...clean it off and keep checking...may not get anymore. If you do, it's probably just a loose connection.

Bobby A

It's also possible it got there during the installation process...clean it off and keep checking...may not get anymore. If you do, it's probably just a loose connection.

Thats orginally what I was thinking Ken, but I not that lucky, I do see a leak coming from at least one fitting.