How a customer should be treated

jpajax

When we went to do the walk through on my new but used unit here is the way I was treated. The day I was to do this it was raining and cold so I called and said that I would prefer to do it another day. The sales person said not to worry it is inside a heated building pluged up and to expect to there at least 1-2 hr or more if it takes, but at least that long. Well I tell you I was not rushed and was given all the time I wanted and was asked several times are they're any question. He started inside at the back and went to the front then went to the front on the outside, down driver's side around the back up up off door side. then ask if I would like to checkout roof. Then went back inside and sat down and went back over some the tings we had discused and if I had any more questions when I did , like about generator we went to the generator started it up did a hands on demo.. When this was through and I was satisfied with the unit I then went in to do paper work. When paper work was done they said if it was all right we could waite till tomorrow because the weather was to be clear and warmer, they have a real real nice campground that I was give 5 free days to use when ever I wanted even if it was one day at a time. The next day they pulled both units on a paved pad an put them door to door to change things over, plugged it up and was told to take my time and if I wanted breakfast or lunch they was a restaurant on premises ( they had goooood food ). They came back by and checked to see if there was anything that we or the unit needed. Now that is how you need to be treated. :):):)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Not sure where this dealership is but be grateful. Most dealership only want the sale and could care less about anything afterwards.

jimtoo

This was posted on another forum, same as above, but this last line added.

"This was done for me at Tom Johnsons in Marion NC. Sales person Greg Helms "

A dealer like this needs recognition. The dealer does not appear to be a Heartland dealer...maybe we could recruit him.

Jim M

wingfoot

Right Jim, I'm sure Heartland would love to have a dealer with this kind of service. Not to say we don't already have some out there.

jpajax

Since the dealer's name has been mentioned by the moderator for the site, I can say his name, Tom Johnson's Camping in Marion, NC. I have dealt with him before buying my Heartlland camper and had very good service from him. As we were moving our stuff into the motorhome, another couple was admiring our Heartland. They had tried to buy a Heartland from a dealer in TN, but they did not take trade-ins so they came back to Tom's to buy one since they had dealt with him before.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We bought our first tt from Tom Johnson in Marion. Of course that was a long time ago,but they were very good folks to deal with.

Speedy

We had a similar experience with the purchase of our new BC and were very pleased. There are quality dealers out there and their names need to be shouted out from the mountain tops.
Modern Trailer Sales, Anderson, Indiana

Owenfamily

We have been lucky to have a great dealer that we work with. They answered every question and was not in a rush. My wife tape the guy doing it so if we had any memory loss we could go back and see what he said. He did not mind one bit. I have been back to get a few things done. The last time they washed my RV and did not charge me a dime. They even clean the inside and all I wanted was the outside clean.

DRGalligher

Great dealer. Our dealer doesn't have a restaurant on site, but they treated us much the same way with the walk through. Not rushed, took the time to show us everything and helped us hitch our trailer up too since it was our first fifth wheel. Would definitely recommend Nelson's RV in Boise, Idaho.