Knoxville, Tenn. area mid Jan.

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
In mid Janurary we will be traveling to North Carolina and towing our Bighorn. Will be spending the night in the Knoxville area but do not want to camp because the trailer is winterized and I need to keep it that way for a little longer. Was thinking of spending the night at a motel and was wondering if anyone knew one around Knoxville or just east of there that would have enough room on their parking lot for our truck and trailer.

lorax

Heading south we stop in Cleveland TN. We have camped at the KOA in mid January while our trailer was winterized. We used their shower room. We have also stayed at theDouglas Inn in Cleveland, TN. They are next to a Craker Barrel and there is room for a truck and trailer.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
There are a couple of places that you can stay. If you want the east side of knoxville on I-40, I would try the Strawberry Plains Pike exit - I think it's ext 398. There is a Camping World but several motels with large lots to park in, plus lots of eating places. It also has a lot of truck traffic so the roads are wide. Let me know is you are heading down I-75 and i'll what I can find for you on it.

ncc1701e

East of Knoxville, TN on I40 is Kodak, TN (15 miles). Right now, I'm sitting in a room at the Holiday Inn Express looking out over two parking lots. One belongs to Bass Pro Shop and the other is a truck parking lot for this general hotel area. Both of these lots are less than 1/2 city block from the front door of the hotel. Across the access road is a large modern Shell station with RV parking / truck parking with diesel fuel ($3.669 / gal). If you are headed east the hotel and Bass Pro Shop are on the north side of the road. If you are familiar with this area at all it is the exit you would take off I40 should one be headed south to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg (south off this exit).

Should you decide on this place to stop, when you come off I40 make sure you are in the inside lane so that just as soon as you cross over the interstate you can make the left turn back into the complex. The Shell station, Cracker Barrel Restrurant will be across the access road to your right.

Kodak.jpg

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like there are several options. Now we just need for mother nature to cooperate and have no snow or ice.
Happy New Year to all.