storage

jimtoo

Hi Normrnha1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will have some storage under the bed, but how much I don't know. Our first Bighorn had a lot,,, the second one was cut way down,, only about 4-5" deep. But some mods can be make in most cases. I, like some others removed the panel, checked for clearance on rams and mechanics of slide and cut a couple of holes in the panel and put baskets in supported by the panel under the bed. Good for a blankets or something like that or whatever. Wife wanted it in ours... so I did the deed,,, removed and cut, cleaned, bought the baskets..installed it. ... Now,,Guess what???? There is nothing in either one... empty..:)

Enjoy the forum and join us for some camping.

Jim M

Speedy

Our BC (3650RL) has little to none but I have yet to remove the paneling that covers the bedroom slide stuff. It's a Spring project.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our Big Country 3650 only has about 2" storage under the bed. I can put regular towels, beach towels &/or bed sheets folded where they are not thick and in plasic ziplock bags. I do not like the particle board that HL uses for the platform that the bed sits on so that's why I put them in zip bags, plus I can flatten them out better.