Fantastic fan installation

Jerry67

Hi,
I plan on installing this fan in my Model 27RK 5th wheel and am wondering if anybody has installed one? What 12 volt wire was used?

Thanks for any help that can be provided

jimtoo

Hi Jerry67,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Where are you planning on installing the fan? If in the place where a second a/c or vent would go there may be wiring already there, both 12v and 120v. Hopefully another member will jump in that has done this.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MC9

I installed a fantastic fan in my Sundance 2900MK. when you take out the vent that is there now I am sure you will find a set of 12 volt wires that are live fulltime. Hardest part of the whole thing is cleaning most of the goop off the roof. Yell if you need any info.

sJv

I've installed Fantastic Fans in 3 RV's so far, including a Sundance 2800RLS. I was always able to tie into a nearby 12V light. I agree with the above in that the hardest part is scraping off the existing caulking.

-steve

Birchwood

Next week I am having the Fantastic fan removed from our bedroom and reinstalled in the bathroom.
Want to get rid of the noisy fan in the bathroom and its also difficult to clean.Getting a new 13.5
Penquin in the bedroom.Campers World will do all the installs as I want it done professionally.

PeternLiane

We piggybacked the wiring off of the nearby light in the bedroom. Everything worked out great. Can't wait for a full trial this summer.

Crumgater

We replaced the vent in the bedroom of our ElkRidge with a Fantastic fan. We did have 2nd A/C prep on the unit, so there were all sorts of wires just behind the wall - thermostat, 120v and 12v. Very easy install (especially since DH did most of the work!).

Love the Fanstastic Fan. It really is Fantastic!
-T