New Steps/Porch

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I recently ran across a neat product by http://www.rvezsteps.com It has three steps up to a porch that is about four square feet. It only took about ten minutes to set up and take down, and no tool are required. It uses wing nuts to secure everything together, and each component weighs less than 25 pounds.

These guys will make any configuration that you need, from a single step to the four step model.

I like it because when I have to get up at night to go out to secure something, I won't have to worry about falling down the regular trailer steps.

jbeletti

Jay,

That will be something neat to show the gang at the Houston Rally this October. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

ceegee

E-Z Steps

Well, I should have read further before I asked the question about E-Z Steps. Another forum reader already answered the question. Thanks. Looks like it might be a good product.

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks to Jay showing the steps at the April Rally (DH got to help him set them up!), we recently ordered the EZ-04 steps for our Augusta. Hopefully we get them before Ike makes landfall!!! :D

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
When we wintered in Lakeland last year, one of the Bighorn owners, Steve Claywell had a set of steps that he made from two stringers and four steps. I liked it so well that we headed off to Lowe's and purchased the materials for about $80. Mine did not have a handrail, but the steps were 10.5" X 36". Steve's did have a handrail that he found at a curb.

Steps take about ten minutes to install or unassemble and they fit into the pickup bed quite nicely. Price is sure better than the ones shown in this link.

Last edited:

imchud

Rhino Ramps for landing gear

A few years ago (about 4) I was using a few old pieces of railroad ties to put under my front landing gear of my fifth wheel... I never like the way the wood was always cracking and basicly they just looked like crap... A friend of mine used to use concrete blocks that IMHO also look like crap and there heavy as ****... I found these Rhino ramps www.rhinoramps.com at the auto part store for about $30.00 for the set, they are rated at 12,000 lbs and totally weather proof... I have had my old Jayco 5er sitting on them for 4 years - and now my new B/H 5er, and they still look as good as the day I purchased them... You could also put a small piece of cut 2x8 between the ramp and the landing gear to pervent the shoes from cutting into the ramps, but i'm anal that way:D...