Dryer Vent Location

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Larry Bandstra and I (well, mostly Larry) installed a washer and dryer in Debra and my Landmark this past Monday. The factory had put a sticker in the closet indicating where to drill the 4" hole for the dryer vent. Fortunately, we decided to drill several small pilot holes to confirm that the sticker was properly located. It turned out the the sticker was off by 2". While that doesn't sound like much, had we just started drilling the four inch hole we would have cut right into a stud, which could have had less than desirable consequenses. So if anyone is thinking about installing a dryer and needs to drill the four inch vent hole, be sure to double check the placement of the factory "drill here" target. Heartland management has been informed of this.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Here's a picture of the label and the distance it was off.

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 144

jbeletti

Thanks for sharing this Gus. I have made production and engineering aware of this and I hope it's a subject of the morning engineering meeting this week.

The idea of testing the location by drilling a small pilot hole is a great one. I hope everyone who is ready to cut that 4" hole, does the same, just to be sure.

Jim

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Not me, i was the gopher-gopher this and gopher that. I just had good supervision! What we found though on the vent location was misleading. Ray, I missed you on this one.

Last edited:

hillsonwheels

Rumor has it that Ray is handy to have around when working on a Heartland coach. :cool: Glad you followed my Dad's advice (kinda/sorta) which always was measure twice and cut once. I wonder....why are all my cuts too short????? :eek:

Dick

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry Bandstra and I (well, mostly Larry) installed a washer and dryer in Debra and my Landmark this past Monday. It turned out the the sticker was off by 2".

Hey Jim, before the morning engineering meeting, you might want to check and see if Larry's drill bits are crooked......just saying :rolleyes: