A/C duct problem found

Midastouch

duct 1.jpg

duct 2.jpgMost of the time I try to read the posts related to issues I have had in my Grand Canyon and try to resolve those issues myself with the information shared ..... this time we dug a little deeper and found what seems to be the major issue on the A/C not cooling the unit properly.

History of the A/C problems:

A/C ran all day long .... temp never got any cooler than 80 or so degrees until it got dark!:(

Main unit replaced shortly after purchase last September because of "low freon" determined by a local RV dealer (not a Heartland dealer, btw)

Checked all vents, tried the "tent" mod, re-taped the inside of the unit and made sure the air exchange area was good and secure. Not cool enough yet .... air flow still not good through the ductwork!

(The 2ndunit in the bedroom which had to be fixed because the baffle seperating the air exchange area was never put in place, etc....)

Long story short .... last night we decided to get the webcam and stick it up inside the ductwork, looking for blockage. When we got to the duct that supplied the bedroom/bathroom vents .... we saw a 1" inch or more area close to where the ductwork starts that looked suspicious. I was able to run my arm into that area and got to the spot where I felt a void of about 1" or more, all the way around that was seperated. I think that is where most of my air was going ..... !!!!! Since we could not get to this area to patch the void I took some foam and blocked the entire opening that fed the bedroom so I could at least get the cool air into the living area. It made a BIG difference, of course! Until I can find out how to fix this .... I will use my bedroom unit if I have to, but it just goes to show that there may be significant problems that go unseen that explain why things are not the way they should be!

I have sent the pics to my dealer and I know they will advise/help me to remedy this! I hate that we did not know about the seperation in the ductwork when we were there the end of April! :( (RV's for Less-Knoxville) They would have gotten it taken care of!!!!!
Now I wait to see what to do next!

Uncle Rog

Congratulations, there is usually a reason why some things do not work properly. Git er fixed and you are on your way!!!

Midastouch

It's like feeling bad and knowing something is wrong but the Dr's telling you they can't find anything!:rolleyes: You either convince yourself it's all in your mind because of how folks start looking at you funny or, you finally find something that justifies what you have been trying to tell everyone ... It's not fixed, but it does make me feel a whole lot better that the apparent reason for the poor A/C performance may have been found!;)