Fix or replace shurflo...

dougw

So my 2010 3010 cyclones water pump is acting up. It's now out of its one year warentee. There is time it won't do anything, then playing with it for a few minutes it will turn on. Last trip out it would never turn off but just lightly run. After talking to shurflows service, and adjusting the pressure screw it's now doing this problem.

So for a 2year old pump, is it worth sending in or fixing? Any thought on a replacment pump? Flow jet vsd or another shurflow?

Thanks

Wharton

We replaced ours with a Flojet also. Flojet has been totally reliable. We went through 3 Shurflows in 9 months. never again.

dougw

Can I assume you did the 4.5 gal version? Have you noticed anything with water consumption or with shower pressure?

Do you remember where you bought from?
Thanks
doug

Wharton

I am not sure what model we bought. It was one down from the top of the line, didn't want to deal with "smart" technology like we had on the Shurflo that kept failing. We bought ours at Camping World since we were on the road and needed the pump for boondocking, no time to wait for shipping from a less expensive place.

Water pressure is fine, my wife prefers the water pressure from the pump than from the street(we have a double filter, I think that is a problem). Pump is much quieter than other pumps we have had. We don't notice any variation in water pressure, seems to be fairly constant.

We have now used this pump for the last 3 months and it has been fine, has lasted much longer than our Shurflow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought the 4.5 version at Camping World. Our old pump was working fine, but was loud and cycled during pumping so water temp and flow fluctuated. The new pump is consistent and stronger flow, and does not cycle, so it's not as loud. It makes a low 'growl' sound when on. We were running off the tank for 7 nights and seemed to run out off fresh water a little faster than expected, but the weather (below freezing) could have been a factor (sensors may have been off). Overall, I love the new pump. We had replaced the shurflow with the 3.2 version Flowjet VSD in our NorthTrail before we traded it.

dougw

Kthanks for the reply all. I think I'm going to replace the shurflow with the Flojet vsd 4.5. Seems camping world has a good sale price on it right now. Hopefully one of the other online shops will meet that price so I can get out of tax(g).