Camping World, Calera AL (I-65, Exit 234)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have been using the Camping World in Calera, AL to do some warranty work on my Coach and just wanted to let those traveling on I-65 in Alabama know that they are doing pretty good to work with (so far). We had been going down to the one in Dothan, AL and even though they tried to do good, just was not great to work with. Camping World, Calera so far has been very responsive and have given me call backs about how things where going. They have provided good service to me, in my opinion and since my original dealer is too far for me to return to them, I will continue to use this company to do any service needed on my coach. If anyone is in the area please drop by and visit their nicely stocked store or even stay in their FREE one night campground that has Full Hook UP! Very nice facilities.

[h=1]Driving directions[/h]From I-65 South, take Exit 231 onto US-31N. Turn left onto Co Rd. 22 and then right onto
George Roy Parkway

From I-65 North, take Exit 234. Turn left onto Co Rd. 87 and then left onto George Roy
Parkway

[h=1]RV Services Offered[/h]
  • Product Installation
  • Vehicle Inspections
  • Winterization & Dewinterization
  • Battery Installation
  • Appliance Service
  • Roof Repair
  • Special Order Parts
  • Overnight Parking
  • Product Warranties & Recalls
  • Oil & Lube Changes

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad to hear that you have had pretty good luck with Camping World. Not sure whether you were having warranty work done or not but I know some folks have had bad luck with Camping World doing Heartland warranty/repairs.

2psnapod2

Since our purchasing Dealer is over 8 hours away and no other HL dealers in our area, we are forced to use CW for any warranty work we need done.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I had CW of Columbia install the front A/.C on our BC last year. For what they quoted I couldn't see doing it myself. They did an outstanding job. ( Cooled great and did not leak in HEAVY rain.)

dave10a

I can not recommend Camping World in Ocala. Their service department does not call back nor instill concern towards their customers. Their sales and finance group is very friendly even after they took my money. However, the service department seems to only respond to pressure. I had them install a Reese hitch that I later found to have a defect. After I got very vocal about how the hitch is not safe they finally called Resse whom concurred that I had a bad unit and instructed the dealer to replace it which they did, but I am now on their service department's S--t L--t. I had two other issues that has required me to get overly vocal for them to resolve. Meanwhile I am still waiting for a dinning table that promised to replace two months ago. They did a harried walk through and left me to travel my campground in the dark in a very heavy rain storm which became my first and very memorable 5th wheel backing experience in the campground. They should have offer to let me stay at their facility over night so I could drive in a clear day. I had a neighbor help me back in, un-hook and show me how to level my 6 point auto level. Now I am studying very hard to figure out how to hook up to the truck with this fancy smancy level system. It is a good thing I have sense of humor. But one thing for sure Camping World Ocala is the last people I want to see. I also have a Good Sam extended warranty and I am looking to cancel it and pursue other options that do not include Camping World. I simply don't trust these people.

Speedy

Dave,

You need to write a similar letter to the general manager of the Ocala Camping World and copy the President of Good Sam Club. If you don't get any attention from that then write them off. They need to know the problems you have had and what steps are they going to put in place to prevent it from ever happening again. If the service department has you flagged as a troubled customer that needs to be cleared up quickly! We live in a digital age and all your service data may be shared with other Camping Worlds; may not be a big deal if you do not intend to every go back to a CW. But what if you need emergency service and CW is your only option; once towed there they pull up your service records and low and behold you're flagged as a trouble maker and send you on your way.

I'm flagged in the GM system for complaints made against a dealer but I worked with GM and resolved all outstanding issues. Now when I take my truck in for regular service I'm treated as a valued customer and if the dealer drops the ball they own up to it; last two oil changes were free because it took longer than expected. I never asked for that but the service writer stated that my time is valuable and more than 60 minutes for filter and oil is too long.

dave10a

Dave,

You need to write a similar letter to the general manager of the Ocala Camping World and copy the President of Good Sam Club. If you don't get any attention from that then write them off. They need to know the problems you have had and what steps are they going to put in place to prevent it from ever happening again. If the service department has you flagged as a troubled customer that needs to be cleared up quickly! We live in a digital age and all your service data may be shared with other Camping Worlds; may not be a big deal if you do not intend to every go back to a CW. But what if you need emergency service and CW is your only option; once towed there they pull up your service records and low and behold you're flagged as a trouble maker and send you on your way.

I'm flagged in the GM system for complaints made against a dealer but I worked with GM and resolved all outstanding issues. Now when I take my truck in for regular service I'm treated as a valued customer and if the dealer drops the ball they own up to it; last two oil changes were free because it took longer than expected. I never asked for that but the service writer stated that my time is valuable and more than 60 minutes for filter and oil is too long.

I am a snow bird that is going home next week, and Ocala CW will become a distant memory-- so why waste my time writing a letter while I can be enjoying retirement. It is sad that an organization like GM would flag a customer as a "trouble maker." To me this is a sign of poor leadership that has a history of complaints. I retired as a Regional Manger that had over 200 service personnel in my employ. If I heard of one of my mangers listing a customer as a trouble make I would make it clear that his/her future career was severely limited and they should find another line of work. If I heard of a service person who thought we had a bad customer, I would provide them professional customer relations counsel-- and if that bad behavior persisted they would be encouraged to find other employment (hopefully with one of out competitors.) I had three rules--- the customer is always right; the customer is always right; and the customer is always right. The customer is not the problem. In fact one of my interview questions to potential employees was "do you believe there is a bad customer and if so what would that entail?)
To me Ocala CW is an organization that has lost its way and I don't have inclination or time to point that out to them....

Speedy

Dave,

I whole heartily agree with you regarding customer service; but upper management needs to hear it from you in case they are not as hands on as you were! I inform management of the great or bad service I receive as a customer of theirs. Last year I had nothing but trouble with the drive thru at our local McDonalds; the usual things.

I wrote just the store informing them of the errors and requested a written response as to how they were going to correct it. I received no response; so after another error using drive thru I sent a new letter along with receipts and copied it to the corporate address from their website. Received a call the next morning from corporate that a regional manager would like to meet in person that day; we met at the restaurant and detailed my issues/concerns. The restaurant manager was then brought in, informed of what happened and I was asked if I wanted a refund. I asked for what was fair; a free meal for our next visit. We ate both meals even though they were wrong so a refund in my mind was not fair.

I get mad and frustrated the same as you but I want these things fixed. So I don’t have to worry about again. As far as being marked or labeled a troubled customer with GM I think that may be strong but my dealer seems to like the fact that I am doing lots of repeat business with them now.

ncc1701e

I have been using the Camping World in Calera, AL to do some warranty work on my Coach and just wanted to let those traveling on I-65 in Alabama know that they are doing pretty good to work with (so far). We had been going down to the one in Dothan, AL and even though they tried to do good, just was not great to work with. Camping World, Calera so far has been very responsive and have given me call backs about how things where going. They have provided good service to me, in my opinion and since my original dealer is too far for me to return to them, I will continue to use this company to do any service needed on my coach. If anyone is in the area please drop by and visit their nicely stocked store or even stay in their FREE one night campground that has Full Hook UP! Very nice facilities.

Driving directions

From I-65 South, take Exit 231 onto US-31N. Turn left onto Co Rd. 22 and then right onto
George Roy Parkway

From I-65 North, take Exit 234. Turn left onto Co Rd. 87 and then left onto George Roy
Parkway

RV Services Offered

• Product Installation
  • Vehicle Inspections
  • Winterization & Dewinterization
  • Battery Installation
  • Appliance Service
  • Roof Repair
  • Special Order Parts
  • Overnight Parking
  • Product Warranties & Recalls
  • Oil & Lube Changes

Mike, we were seriously looking at stopping here on our return trip from the Gulf Shores Rally in April. A couple questions: 1) Are the sites first come bases or reservations? 2) Is there other things walking distance to the Camping world store (ie. shopping, eating, etc..)? Thanks

Tom & Millie

2psnapod2

Mike, we were seriously looking at stopping here on our return trip from the Gulf Shores Rally in April. A couple questions: 1) Are the sites first come bases or reservations? 2) Is there other things walking distance to the Camping world store (ie. shopping, eating, etc..)? Thanks

Tom & Millie

They are first come but I have never seen it full. Usually less than half. As far as things within walking distance, I would have to say no. You would have to unhitch to get to most things. That is a con for this location. But we just stop prior to getting to it.

Kwalt

I would like to add, we recently purchased a new LM Key Largo from CW in Calera. They kept it two Weeks after we bought it to fix some items we saw and install a Mor-ryde pin. The pin was delayed and we had reservations so we picked it up to use, our salesman Chris arranged for them to come an hour and half, to Tuscaloosa and pick the unit up to install the pin and take care of a few more items we had found. When they finish they're going to bring it back. I think that's pretty good service