Pilot light question

boomerokc

This has probably been answered many times before, but I searched the online manual for pilot lights and it did not locate.

I am new to rvs and not very mechanically inclined.

I ran out of propane in my first tank while trying to run the heater (the fan ran for 10-15 seconds and stopped). I switched to the 2nd tank and made sure the valve was open. Turning on the heater on again the fan came on and ran, but it seemed to be blowing cold air.

I have a 2011 trail runner. Does anybody know if it has an automatic igniter or will I have to light the pilot by hand?

Any answers and suggestions are appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi boomerokc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your heater should have an automatic igniter. If your heater was working before, you could have a couple of things wrong if you ran out of propane. First turn on the cook stove and make sure you get the air out of the line..also make sure you have a full flames on all the burners. If stove burner is low, shut off propane tank, turn cook stove on to relieve pressure in line and turn off,,, then open propane tank again real slow and try it again. The new propane tanks have an auto shutoff valve built in to slow down the propane if a major leak occurs. This could have been activated also by opening the valve on the tank to fast.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What Jim says is absolutely true. But, you should disconnect the pigtail to the LP valve so the internals reset on the tank.