Slides

Jack Sims

I have a Landmark Grand Canyon with three slides. The slides and landing gear are operated via a Lippert Hydraulic pump. I understand how to operate the pump in the event of an electrical failure. However, no one including my dealer, Bill Plemmons RV in Rural, Hall, NC have been able to tell me or or show me how me how to get the slide in or the landing gear up in the event of a broken hydraulic line. In other words, how do you get the unit "road ready" in the event of a hydraulic line break or line failure? Please advise.

Scott

This is in the Lippert owners manual - as well as on their web site:
On the back of the hydraulic pump, there is a place for you to insert a drill to turn it that will turn the gears on the hydraulic rams. I'm sorry I don't have any photos or such right now, but I know that you can find it on the Lippert web site: www.LCI1.com

Jack Sims

Scott: I am aware of the place on the hydraulic pump that can be turned. I thought this was only in the case of an electrical failure. I assume from your answer that the system is in fact electric hydraulic in lieu of a pure hydraulic system. i.e. Turning the pump will work for both an electrical malfunction as well as a broken hydraulic line?

Scott

You know, I am pretty sure that a broken hydraulic line will eliminate any hydraulic pressure and will not move the room. That is obviously worst case scenario and would require special assistance. I would talk with Lippert for any further insight. Their web site is: www.LCI1.com