ATF: Big Country - Master Switch

I have a 2011 BC 3250TS and would like to know if there is a master switch to turn off everything in and to the unit? If so where is it located?

Where is the fuse for the slide switch that is located in the kitchen area above and to the right sink?
It stopped working on our last trip and the dealer told me I blew a fuse and charged me to replace it, but the manual did not list or show an in line fuse. The outside switch and the remote would still open and close the slides so I don't understand what happened to the inside switch? Thanks for your help

GOTTOYS

There is no master switch on my 2011. I did install a battery kill switch to use while it is parked in storage so the batteries don't go dead as there are a few 12 volt items that are always on. There is a fuse panel at the bottom of the inside steps. Dealer should have showed you where it is. It contains 12 volt fuses for most of the 12 volts circuits as well as circuit breakers for the 120 volt circuits. There are also some resettable circuit breakers in the battery compartment for some of the other 12 volt functions as well as an inline fuse in the pink wire behind the battery for the front landing gear. Once the slides or landing gear get to the end of their travel you must release the switch immediately to keep from blowing the circuit. Good luck..Don

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post. Depending on when your 2011 was built, there could be a master battery shut off switch located inside the battery compartment. This was a nice addition, in the past, people just pulled a battery line.

As far as the circuit for an indiviual switch inside the unit, this would all go back to the fuse panel. If there is a blown fuse, a light should illuminate next to the fuse. Many of the circuits are wired together, so if a light in a certain area went out, other items may not work either.

Our best advise is to look at the power control center, located in the kitchen sink base. Flip the door down and look for any blown fuses. All fuses will be located here, except for the front landing gear in line fuse (in battery compartment also - if coach has 12V landing gear).

Hope this helps.

When the inside slide switch stopped working no fuse lite came on nor was there a fuse out in the panel. The dealer told me that it was in in line fuse, which I would have no idea where to look nor did I see any help in the manual? That also wanted to charge me for diagnosing and finding it saying the factory did not cover fuses, yet I would have had no idea where to start if it was not in the panel.

jnbhobe

Why don't you have the dealer where it is ?? If he replaced it they should know where it is.

branson4020

Icantre Member
On my rig, the electric slide circuit is protected by a 12V 30A auto-reset DC circuit breaker. There's a bank of them on a buss bar on the wall behind the battery.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My slides are protected by a circuit breaker not a fuse. I am still wondering why it worked from the outside and not the inside. I blew the circuit breaker from the inside. Each switch has a seperate power source....I doubt it. Make the dealer that charged you show you where the fuse is. Have them pull the fuse and see if it still works from the outside switch. Something smells about this and not like a rose. BTW, most electric motors are protected by a circuit breaker not a fuse. The amps go tooooo high when a electric motor starts to spin. Almost to the point of being a dead short. Thats why I never understood why HL/Lippert uses a fuse for the electric landing gears. I bet if the truth were know...you had either a loose wire at the inside switch or a bad switch. All JMHO