another newbee,got everything, ready to roll ,now-where to go....?

looking for parking space somewhere close to ocean in al.la.or miss. where do we(hubby and self) start? would like to get tired of some sun ,nature,and water. thou the weather is not so bad now in indiana,know its going to get worse........anyone able to give advice ??? alan.jen.g.:confused:

jimtoo

Hi alan.jen.g,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It's kinda hard for me to give advice or ideas about those states because I live in Texas. (Nothing compares to Texas) :) So come on down to Texas and the Corpus Christi, Rockport, Port Aransas, Padre Island area. Nice beaches, great RV parks, great Texas people,,, even some great winter Texans that come back every year.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a place to start looking for campgrounds. Good Sam's Trailer Life is another source. Gulf Shores, Alabama, is an interesting place, though we've not camped there. Did swap a timeshare week in 2010 into there, though. There is a rally being held at the Gulf Shores State Park (cruised it a little while there), in April. We're still planning on packing our Yankee carpet bags and heading down to join them folks.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Alabama/Gulf_Shores.html

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Come to Texas. A lot of us will be in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) and the Gulf Coast. We are going to a couple of rallys and be in Rockport by the end of February. Then a couple more rallys and head to Gillette for the big one. Check out the list of rallys and coordinate a few trips around them, I promise you will have a lot of fun.

Anywhere is better than nowhere. We always plan on a destination and plan our travels around it.

BC

ncc1701e

looking for parking space somewhere close to ocean in al.la.or miss. where do we(hubby and self) start? would like to get tired of some sun ,nature,and water. thou the weather is not so bad now in indiana,know its going to get worse........anyone able to give advice ??? alan.jen.g.:confused:

If I might offer a suggestion of someplace not in that part of the south. Would you consider the Myrtle Beach South Carolina area? Our RV is sitting at Willow Tree RV Resort as I write this. It is one fine RV park. The only reason we are not there now is that I've got to have rotor-cup repair on my right arm in about a week. We had reservations to winter there this year.

Longs Millie.jpg Longs 10.jpg Longs 9.jpg The resort does not sit right on the beach, but is actually 9 miles from the beach. It is a gated park with hugh sites. Every road is paved and every site is level concrete pads with full hookups. Some of the sites even have a hot tub. The pictures are from Nov. 2011 taken at a Heartland Campout. As I stated earlier, the only reason we are not there now is because of an upcoming surgery.

Tom & Millie

GETnBYE

Hello and how excited you must be!
I agree with the poster who told you about rvpark reviews. I use that site alot.
We love Top Sail Hill preserve close to Destin, FL, it is a Florida State park, but has very nice features.
Also, Gulf State park in Gulf Shores is an Alabama State park.
That said, if you are wanting much warmer weather than that, I can't help you much , but hope to have that information soon as we plan to head to mid Florida soon.
Perhaps if you choose your state and a more specific location you will get some more particular responses.
Enjoy,
Nita

Wmnmy

We are having record warm weather out west in las Vegas and we just got back from San Diego high60s there if u wanna drive a lil further to test it out enjoy .....

PeternLiane

I know some day we'd love to take the trailer to Myrtle Beach. We've heard how great it is there. We're just so far away. But we're not heading out again till April. Alan you're closer to Myrtle Beach. If you get to go, have fun with your new Trailer and your travels.