Installing Splendide combo

jpmorgan37

Jailerlady
Check out this thread. Lots of comments here. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=19517#post19517
John

jcd8822

Joseph
We have the Splendide 2000-S and it is great. You can not stuff it full of clothes, but it you load it properly it will do the job. The best part is us use only about 2 tablespoons of laundry detergent. It beats having to leave and go to a washateria.

Joseph

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
The wife loves our Splendid washer dryer combo. Son and myself installed it about a year and a half ago. On our 2005 Landmark we just had to take off a piece of wood across the bottom of the cabinet. The wood was held on with screws so it was not a big deal. You do need a strong back to carry it up the steps. Our combo was just under a year old when we bought it. We found someone who had to sell their 5r and took out the combo. We got it for $475.00. We were very pleased with the price,espeically after we checked Camping Worlds price.

Uncle Rog

ebay has one for sale right now, #190120586555, the bid is $299.99 and the sale is over on the 13th...............

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Self installation

I found a used Splendid on Craig's list. Paid $400 for year old unit. I had to remove my doors to get it in to the closet. Not overly complicated or difficult, but I had my son helping. It would be more difficult without help, but not impossible.

kathyo

Any one have the splendide stackable washer & vented dryer. We live on a houseboat and have the splenide washer/dryer. My cloths come out bad and I have to iron them for work. We have the boat up for sale and are looking at the Bighorn with washer dryer hookups. They say that the vented dryer does so much better. I do not like to iron and I do not like to go out to a washateria. We plan to do some traveling as soon as we can sale the houseboat. Also if anyone has a vented dryer was it a problem to get it vented. The salesman told us that the Bighorn that has the hookup has a place to cut out for the Vent. But you know salesmen. Any info out there on vented dryers?
Thanks
kathyo

jpmorgan37

Kathyo;
I think what you will find with the Splendide, whether it is vented or not, is that you have to do small loads if you want them to come out with minimal wrinkles. At least, that's what we found. jMy bride loves hers but she only does a few things at a time and we have the 2100 non vented.
John

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Kathyo
We have the splendide combo with the vent. It takes awhile to dry the clothes but like you, my wife does not like the dirty washers in the campgrounds. Se has found that if you take the clothes out a couple of times during the drying cycle and shake them out a bit, it does away with alot of the wrinkles and ironing.