• 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoons almond extract

[h=3]Directions[/h]
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Easy and delicious!

[h=3][/h]

archbarb

You're right, Dick, it does sound like cobbler....but OMG....the taste of the cranberries is making my mouth water!!! Gonna try it! I love milk over my cobbler, too! Yum, yum!!!!
Barb

archbarb

Ok, DavesAmy(or, would that make you Amy?), the pie is in the oven and it smells phenomenol...can't wait to taste it!!! I couldn't wait to get to the grocery store this morning to buy the cranberries...BTW they are buy one get one free right now at Publix! I was really afraid they would be gone after Christmas but now I have a spare for the freezer! I'll let you know how much we like it but we won't be trying it til Friday night when when we are at SouthernNights' digs in SC......gee, a weekend of 5th wheel tinkering and oggling over their new Mesa!!!! Who could ask for anything more!!!!
Thanks for the recipe!
Barb

jbeletti

Okay Barb - inquiring minds must know. How was it?

I kept thinking about that tortellini in chicken broth today. I want to try that one.

Jim

jbeletti

Thanks for the review Larry. I think anything Barb makes is good. I remember having her baklava at the Brunswick, GA rally last year. Who makes that? OMG it was good!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Amy I need to thank You for sharing this recipe. I made it last week and it is now one of my favorite top 5! My daughter is allergic to nuts so to change it for her, I omitted the nuts and substituted Orange Extract for the Almond.
I am making 4 of these for Thanksgiving. Two are for our dinner and the other two are being given to people who worked and continue to work hard helping those recovering from Sandy.
Feel free to share more of your favorites Amy!