ATF: MPG - vacuum breaker/check valve

Tumblebug

I hooked up the black water tank flusher and heard water spraying in the bath room. It appears to be a malfunction vacuum breaker/check valve. Water was running out of the port for the drain and eclectic . What concerns me most is the position of the electric distribution panel. It would have only been a short time before it was flooded, really close the the faulty valve. I have a 2011 MPG 183. Just a safety point to ponder.

I removed the valve and the rectangle black plastic top on the valve. A small ball moves up and down in the valve along with a spring mechanism with a plastic float. Anyway the ball was lodged against the valve wall and effectively wedge the valve open allowing the water to escape out the top of the valve. What caused the valve to stick, I don't know.

Last edited:

PeternLiane

I can't wait to try ours out. But now I'm afraid to. Your water came out of the valve. On another post the pipes froze and broke the connectors. Now its just wait and see. Thanks for the FYI I appreciate it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I posted to your other thread. But, I have a question, how much water pressure did you use?? I flushed the black tank once without the regulator and boy did the valve leak. Never done that again and the valve does not leak now.

Tumblebug

I am on a private well, my pressure is set 35-55 psi. The valve is supposed to be rated up to 125 psi. No doubt pressure will have an effect.

Tumblebug

Can I replace with just a check valve without the vacuum beaker? The vacuum breaker appears to cause most of the problems with the flush system. Just a check valve would prevent any back flow from black water tank.