Cable problem

dnight73

I have a 2011 361RW, my family and I love this trailer it has majority of the amenities that we wanted in a toy hauler. We live full time in our trailer and recently traveled from Kansas to California, some how along the way something happened to the cable connections with in the trailer. When connected to the cable input outside the trailer and all the TV's are set to "cable" the picture quality has a lot of "snow", when switched to the antenna option and the booster turned "on" the picture quality is perfect. When a TV was connected directly to the cable supplying the cable to the trailer the picture quality was fine with out any issue. I tried changing cables to each of the televisions to see where the problem was but I was not able to remove the snow from the picture on any of the televisions. I removed all the wall brackets with in the trailer to see if there was a loose connection and still did not find any issues. The only connection I could not track down was the split-er after the connection coming into the trailer going to all the televisions. Do I need to take it to dealer to figure this out, or is there a simple solution?

danemayer

Many of us have had similar problems and had to replace poorly crimped coax connectors. I got this kit from Amazon and replaced every connector in the trailer; cable, satellite, antenna. Everything is fine now.

Even if my rig was still under warranty, the time and money to do it myself is no more than the cost and time to hitch up and drive 30 miles to the dealer - twice. Replacing the connectors is pretty easy.

Don't forget to replace the connectors on the backside of the amplifier switch. That's where my problem was.

Depending on how many connectors you have, you may need to order additional connectors.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would remove every connector and look closely for any strands of chopper shielding wire touching the center wire. That
would contribute to poor reception.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Not to sound like a broken record, but a quick (and quite possibly effective) thing to try, is to get yourself some Caig brand Cramolyn DeOxideIt contact cleaner/restorer available at Radio Shack. Spray it on EVERY connection point. For more information on this unique chemical read this explanation from Caig.com:
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.I/id.22/.f .

Here are some other testimonials: http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.12/category.42/ctype.KB/KB.240/.f

It seems a little expensive but REALLY works!

From a 35 year experienced professional electronics technician.

d.night73

Well I have checked every connector twice over, before I start to waste money on replacing the ends I have an appointment for it at the Heartland Dealer in my area, gonna use the warranty as much as possible!

Paul Dustin
2008 Ford F350
2011 361RRW