PDA

View Full Version : Early spring campout.

trdeal
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone,
A few of us Heartlanders have decided to have an early spring campout at the Creekwood Farm RV Park, near Waynesville,NC. The date will be March 2-4, 2012. If you would like to attend please call 828-926-7977 or 1-800-862-8110 to make a reservation.Their website is www.creekwoodfarmrv.com (http://www.creekwoodfarmrv.com). Please keep in mind this cg is in the mountains and being there in March there will of course be a chance of snow and cold temperatures.Should you decide to join us please circle back around here and let us know your site number so we can post it. Thanks Just a reminder. There are no events scheduled for this weekend. The only events we have planned are to eat, sleep and to have a great time with great friends
Ok 1 event has been planned. We will be having a potluck supper on Saturday March 3. Everyone bring your favorite food,dessert and beverage.

Lance and Kem Duguay (lduguay Site 73
Nathan and Byrd Mathis (Nabo) Site 74
Terry and Renee Deal (trdeal) Site 72
Ed and Barbara Rauch (brauch) Site 71 unable to attend
Ken and Faye Hyde ( Krhyde) Site 123
Randy and Santha Allen (Randy) Site 75

dbylinski
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I would love to come down and the snow doesn't scare me...... but....... the almost 700 miles does! Keep trying Terry, we'll get there!

trdeal
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I would love to come down and the snow doesn't scare me...... but....... the almost 700 miles does! Keep trying Terry, we'll get there! Hang in there Deb. One of these days our paths will cross again. Hope you guys are doing ok.

lduguay
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I posted some pics in the Rally link......creek side at Creekwood Farms.

Creekwood pics (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28125-EVENT-Heartland-Multi-Chapter-Rally-NC-Waynesville-10-12-2012-to-10-14-2012)

Nabo
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
We are in coming in on the 2nd being neighbours to Lance. Hum wonder how noisy they be???

lduguay
01-07-2012, 12:23 AM
We are in coming in on the 2nd being neighbours to Lance. Hum wonder how noisy they be???

Ha! I might just bring my trumpet and wake y'all with revelle and put you to sleep with "Day is Done" (taps) :rolleyes:

trdeal
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Lance,could you bring enough sewer hose for everyone?

lduguay
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Lance,could you bring enough sewer hose for everyone?

Awwwww, common now, y'all KNOW I have enough for EVERYONE!!!! :rolleyes:

boatto5er
01-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I used to think y'all really picked on Lance a lot (get it? Lancelot?), but then I met him at Myrtle Beach:rolleyes:. (I'm just kidding - of course:eek:).

trdeal
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I used to think y'all really picked on Lance a lot (get it? Lancelot?), but then I met him at Myrtle Beach:rolleyes:. (I'm just kidding - of course:eek:). Good one Gus! Lance a Lot is a very good man.

lduguay
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I used to think y'all really picked on Lance a lot (get it? Lancelot?), but then I met him at Myrtle Beach:rolleyes:. (I'm just kidding - of course:eek:).

And to think, I thought I had a partner in the abuse of a Mr. Larry B. :rolleyes:

lduguay
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Lance and Kem Duguay (lduguay Site 73
Nathan and Byrd Mathis (Nabo) Site 74
Terry and Renee Deal (trdeal) Site 72

Hmmmm, I'm feeling just a little bit SURROUNDED!!!! At least the BC's have the LM outnumbered.....unless Southern Nights brings out that new LM to show off!! :rolleyes:

Anyone is welcome to join us for the "unofficial" Early Spring Campout in NC......get booked soon!

trdeal
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Don't worry Lance. The "OLE" LM ain't scared.

lduguay
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Don't worry Lance. The "OLE" LM ain't scared.

Yep, not to worry, the BC's LOVE their BIG Brother!!!!:D

trdeal
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Yep, not to worry, the BC's LOVE their BIG Brother!!!!:D What ya mean "Big Brother"? I got your BC's daddy or maybe that would be papaw!

lduguay
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
What ya mean "Big Brother"? I got your BC's daddy or maybe that would be papaw!

OK, you said it......"Papaw"!! Of course Renee is waaaay to young to be a "Memaw"........;)

I can hear it now........The NC Chapter Leader asking......"Who's Your Daddy"!!

trdeal
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
OK, you said it......"Papaw"!! Of course Renee is waaaay to young to be a "Memaw"........;)

I can hear it now........The NC Chapter Leader asking......"Who's Your Daddy"!! Lance, I was talking about our LM being your BC's daddy or papaw, not me! LOL!

GandDCapen
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
This is a confusing line of thought - but I will use it as a way to springboard into the discussion!! :o GOOD NEWS or GREAT NEWS - we have a buyer for our home in Sanford - closing date is February 29th and at that point I guess you would say we are Vagabonds!! Oh well in this market we are just thankful for the sale. When we head to the Hilton Head Rally we will be truly full timers. Now to just get rid of all our "stuff" - we will be having a moving sale at some point once the kids take what they want and we store what we want and then sell the rest.
Hope all are enjoying this mild winter - and that is another reason to be thankful - we won't be moving in the heat of a Carolina summer!!!!
Just wanted to share our good news and can't wait to see everyone again at Hilton Head and then on to Pine Mountain.
:D

trdeal
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
This is a confusing line of thought - but I will use it as a way to springboard into the discussion!! :o GOOD NEWS or GREAT NEWS - we have a buyer for our home in Sanford - closing date is February 29th and at that point I guess you would say we are Vagabonds!! Oh well in this market we are just thankful for the sale. When we head to the Hilton Head Rally we will be truly full timers. Now to just get rid of all our "stuff" - we will be having a moving sale at some point once the kids take what they want and we store what we want and then sell the rest.
Hope all are enjoying this mild winter - and that is another reason to be thankful - we won't be moving in the heat of a Carolina summer!!!!
Just wanted to share our good news and can't wait to see everyone again at Hilton Head and then on to Pine Mountain.
:D Gary and Dian, That is great news!Timing may not be perfect but,like you said, in this market you are just thankful for the sale.Good luck in getting everything sorted out and we are looking forward to seeing you in Hilton Head.

trdeal
01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to take a minute and invite you to attend our early spring campout at the Creekwood Farms RV park in the Waynesville,Maggie Valley,Asheville area of North Carolina. Reservation information is in post 1 0f this thread. Once you have reserved please circle back around here and let us know what site you are in. You will find a list of attendees posted in thread 1. Thanks and everyone have a great weekend.

trdeal
02-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Ed and Barbara Rauch have decided to join us at our early spring campout. March is coming quickly.

Nabo
02-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Yea - The Rauch's are coming, The Rauch's are coming.

Nabo
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey - is anyone else coming to join the party??

krhyde
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Checking our schedules. We are going to try to be there. We'll let you know later today. Ken

Nabo
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Fantastic krhyde - hope it works out. Haven't had the opportunity to meet ya'll yet but can't wait to. See ya got a new LM - are tours of the coach an option?

Randy
02-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Terry, Santha is checking her schedule. We need to get the rig out early in March for our spring rally anyway.
Be nice to see everybody. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Checking our schedules. We are going to try to be there. We'll let you know later today. Ken Hi Ken. We hope you can work this weekend into your schedule. Let us know when you make your reservation and I will add your name to our attendee list. I sent you a pm eariler today.

trdeal
02-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Terry, Santha is checking her schedule. We need to get the rig out early in March for our spring rally anyway.
Be nice to see everybody. Randy, Santha and the Poodles Randy and Santha. That would be great! Hope you can work it out. Let us know so we can add your name to the attend list.

Nabo
02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Randy - that's what we are doing - getting the gung out of the Grey Ghost before heading to Bristol races 2 weeks later.

Randy
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Santha should know about her schedule in the next couple of days. She sets her own schedule anyway. I am sure we will
attend. Nathan, The winter gunk has to go. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone,
Renee and I were talking this morning and since we do like to eat and we do need to eat let's plan a pot luck supper for Saturday. Now,I know that I probably didn't need to plan this because anytime a Heartland group gets together we have a pot luck,so everyone bring your favorite food,dessert and beverage.Time and location for potluck will be decided when we get to the campground.

krhyde
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
We made our reservations this morning for the March early campout. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and plan to stay for a full week. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Ken and Faye Hyde

Nabo
02-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Potluck it is - chicken casserole from us.

lduguay
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
POTLUCK!! That's what I'm talkin about!!.....maintaining my boyish figure with the Heartland "early" campers!! And new folks too!!......do we need to warn them??? :-).

Nabo
02-11-2012, 04:15 PM
OK Lance - girlish figure. I can change from chicken casserole to Taco soup. Better???

Randy
02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Santha said we will be there. Arriving Friday PM and leaving Sunday Lance if they read the forum they are forewarned.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
We made our reservations this morning for the March early campout. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and plan to stay for a full week. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Ken and Faye HydeHey Ken that is great! We are looking forward to meeting you.If you will give me your site number I will add it to our attendee list. We will see you soon.

trdeal
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Santha said we will be there. Arriving Friday PM and leaving Sunday Lance if they read the forum they are forewarned.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles Great Randy. It will be good to see you guys again. If you will give me your site number I will post it in the attendee list. I do believe everyone is ready to get this camping season started.

krhyde
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey Ken that is great! We are looking forward to meeting you.If you will give me your site number I will add it to our attendee list. We will see you soon.

Site 123. Ken

Randy
02-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Terry, Santha will call and make reservations tomorrow. The office closed at 5.

trdeal
02-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Site 123. KenThanks Ken!

Randy
02-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Terry, We will be site 75. Santha called and made reservations this afternoon. Do they have fire pits?

Nabo
02-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Yea - BamBam will get to play with his friends.

trdeal
02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Terry, We will be site 75. Santha called and made reservations this afternoon. Do they have fire pits?
Randy, Santha and the Poodles Thanks Randy. I am sure they have fire pits, but I will call to be sure. If not we have one of the portable ones we can bring.

krhyde
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Fires are allowed only in "off the ground" fire pits. We have one and will bring it with us. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Ken

krhyde
02-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Fantastic krhyde - hope it works out. Haven't had the opportunity to meet ya'll yet but can't wait to. See ya got a new LM - are tours of the coach an option?

Tours of the Key Largo are absolutely available if anyone would want to. Ken

lduguay
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
We will bring our portable fire pit too...........this is almost turning into a RALLY!!!!

lduguay
02-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Site 123. Ken

LOL.......Ken is playing it safe at site 123 till he gets to know us!!;)

The rest of us are clumped together at 71-75 with me right in the middle........I can see that the "senior" HOC members are trying to keep me in line and outta trouble!! :rolleyes:

krhyde
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM

The rest of us are clumped together at 71-75 with me right in the middle........I can see that the "senior" HOC members are trying to keep me in line and outta trouble!! :rolleyes:

LOL Having read many of your comments, I asked if I could be on the other side of the campground but they put me right across from site 72. This should be an interesting and fun time for us. I'll either make some new friends or learn who to avoid at future rallies. Looking forward to it. Ken

Randy
02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Ken is a very intelligent person. That is obvious. My next question is when are you and Kem arriving? I want to be there prior so I do not get graded LOL.
Santha said she is going to fix green bean casserole for the potluck and a desert also. We have a raised fire pit and will bring it. The Poodles like the fire.

trdeal
02-14-2012, 09:53 PM

The rest of us are clumped together at 71-75 with me right in the middle........I can see that the "senior" HOC members are trying to keep me in line and outta trouble!! :rolleyes: Lance we all just want to be near you in case we need to borrow a sewer hose.
Lance tell Ken how good we were to you at your first rally. No wait! On second thought just wait till we are sitting around the campfire!

trdeal
02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Fires are allowed only in "off the ground" fire pits. We have one and will bring it with us. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Ken Ken thanks for the information. I called the cg on Sunday and the office was closed. I forgot to call back on Monday.

SouthernNights
02-15-2012, 05:13 AM
LOL Having read many of your comments, I asked if I could be on the other side of the campground but they put me right across from site 72. This should be an interesting and fun time for us. I'll either make some new friends or learn who to avoid at future rallies. Looking forward to it. Ken

I need to defend Lance here.

We camped with him at OL for a week this past winter. Not once did his wild parties, loud music or heavy drinking interfere with our vacation-much. 17807

We are meeting them again this weekend-I really hope Kem can control him a little better this time. 17808

trdeal
02-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Larry I think you need to join us for this weekend. You know if you ain't there we gonna talk about you.LOL

lduguay
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow!! As the Humble Servant :angel: I am, y'all know I am willing and able to take all the abuse you can hand out!!

Now, a few comments........

Ken, the beauty of me being there on your first gathering with the HOC crowd is that the "focus to abuse" will be diluted.......somehow I seem to attract attention.....hard to believe once you meet the quiet and sensitive fellow that I am.:rolleyes: And I'm sure there will be many "fun" stories to share around the campfire....not just about me!!

Randy, our arrival is a well kept secret, especially after my several stylishly late arrivals and scoring events.

In regards to Larry "defending" me.........kinda like the fox guarding the hen house!! And yes Larry, if your not there, we WILL be talking about YOU!!!

And FINALLY.........YES.....I have enough SEWER HOSE FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!

See y'all in a few weeks!!

SouthernNights
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Larry I think you need to join us for this weekend. You know if you ain't there we gonna talk about you.LOL

Terry, would love to come-you know that. Have to see where we are on a couple of houses. I think we will still be framing one and we do have one to get out of the ground in the week or so.

And LANCE, look I really was defending you...I know for a fact that the explosion and subsequent fire was not entirely your fault. And I really have to disagree with the young police officer that came out the last time-I don't think they have the authority to ban you from SC.

And for both of y'all---at least if you are talking about me, some other very innocent and undeserving person is getting a break. 17814

krhyde
02-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Terry, would love to come-you know that. Have to see where we are on a couple of houses. I think we will still be framing one and we do have one to get out of the ground in the week or so.

And LANCE, look I really was defending you...I know for a fact that the explosion and subsequent fire was not entirely your fault. And I really have to disagree with the young police officer that came out the last time-I don't think they have the authority to ban you from SC.

And for both of y'all---at least if you are talking about me, some other very innocent and undeserving person is getting a break. 17814

Explosion and fire??? I can hardly wait to hear about this one. Ken

lduguay
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM

Larry, NOW the truth is coming out as to why you have a NEW Landmark AND a NEW TRUCK!!!!!!!
Is arson still a crime in SC???????17815

Nabo
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Boys, Boys - now play nice. Ya'll might give others the impression that we're a WILD & CRAZY GROUP.

Randy
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Boys, Boys - now play nice. Ya'll might give others the impression that we're a WILD & CRAZY GROUP.
We are not all a wild and crazy group. Just certain certain members of the group and I would never mention any names, Well maybe.
But I will be quiet at the moment. Lance, I need to know your arrival time. I need to be there prior to your arrival.

trdeal
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM

And for both of y'all---at least if you are talking about me, some other very innocent and undeserving person is getting a break. 17814 I know all to well what you are talking about Larry. I am very Thankful to be working ,but the JOB does get in the way of us camping as much as we want to. And don't worry. Anything we say about you will be nothing but the truth.

brauch
02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
My, My, My......this is starting out to be a REAL good campout. Can't wait !! Only 2 more weeks. Pray for warm weather.

trdeal
02-16-2012, 06:07 AM
My, My, My......this is starting out to be a REAL good campout. Can't wait !! Only 2 more weeks. Pray for warm weather. You are right Barbara! I believe we are going to have a great time. Putting in my order for a pretty and warm weekend.

lduguay
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
We are not all a wild and crazy group. Just certain certain members of the group and I would never mention any names, Well maybe.
But I will be quiet at the moment. Lance, I need to know your arrival time. I need to be there prior to your arrival.

Ahhhhhh Randy, "Enquiringly Minds Want To Know"........We are thinking Friday, but might try to get out of town Thursday.....or maybe......:rolleyes:

Yep, gonna be a fun weekend regardless of the weather!!!

Randy
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Lance if you and Kem are going to arrive on Thursday that is great. We will probably arrive about 6 on Friday.
Yes, we will have fun. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Santha and I are on pins and needles. Can't wait to pick up the Sundance and get it ready for the trip.

trdeal
02-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Randy, I know what you mean. We are excited to see everyone again and to meet some new friends. We are planning to wake up the "Beast" this weekend. There are still sites available if anyone else wants to join us.

Nabo
02-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh my - THE BEAST. Poor Classic - I would hate to be called THE BEAST!! We call the BC - The Grey Ghost but THE BEAST???

trdeal
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Oh my - THE BEAST. Poor Classic - I would hate to be called THE BEAST!! We call the BC - The Grey Ghost but THE BEAST??? Ok! I guess calling our Landmark "The Beast" was a little harsh. So how about this. This weekend I am planning to wake up our Beautiful,2005 "Classic" Landmark Mt Rushmore, number 135. We are definetly looking forward to getting our home away from home back out on the roads.

Flying Dutchman
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Now you are talkin

GandDCapen
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Terry and Renee,
Sorry we won't be able to attend as we will have just passed papers on the house and will be in need of about 3 weeks of sleep LOL - getting this done is takes more than it used to!!!! Just glad we are doing it.
Gary and Dian

trdeal
02-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Terry and Renee,
Sorry we won't be able to attend as we will have just passed papers on the house and will be in need of about 3 weeks of sleep LOL - getting this done is takes more than it used to!!!! Just glad we are doing it.
Gary and Dian Gary and Diane, No problem. We are glad you are getting things taken care of on your end. We are looking forward to seeing you in Hilton Head.

trdeal
02-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone,
I spoke with a nice lady today at the campground and ask if they have firewood for sale. She said they did for $5.00 per bundle. She also said that they have a firepit large enough for our group to sit around near our campsites if we would like to use it. I told her we would, but if you would like to bring your own portable firepit that is fine also. We are goin to have a great time.

Nabo
02-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey Lance - Cataloochee is open with 15 trails & 5 lifts running. No telling what it might be next weekend but are you and Nathan up to ski???

lduguay
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey Lance - Cataloochee is open with 15 trails & 5 lifts running. No telling what it might be next weekend but are you and Nathan up to ski???

WOW......with our daughters wedding and warm winter I didn't think there was an "Ice Cubes chance in......!!!" :rolleyes:

I DO believe we will be bringing our gear and make a "game time decision"!!!!! Maybe ski early Saturday....till it gets to warm/slushy.

The 10 day forecast says below freezing every night except 1......that is pretty good odds for snow on the slopes!!

Is anyone else that is coming a skier? The more the merrier!!:D

trdeal
02-26-2012, 06:54 AM
No sliding down a slippery slope for this feller. Gonna keep my feet on solid ground. I told a friend I would look at a cg for him while we were in the area.

SouthernNights
02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Lance, I just cant get this picture out of my mind.

lduguay
02-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Lance, I just cant get this picture out of my mind.

That is just about right, being the "full figured" fellow I am!!

Is work gonna allow y'all to join in the fun next week? A little ski trip might just give you some new "campfire" material! :rolleyes:

Fyi, I did have the opportunity to ski with the French Olympic Team in the Alps when I was 9 years old......THAT is another campfire story for next weekend :D

SouthernNights
02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
That is just about right, being the "full figured" fellow I am!!

Is work gonna allow y'all to join in the fun next week? A little ski trip might just give you some new "campfire" material! :rolleyes:

Fyi, I did have the opportunity to ski with the French Olympic Team in the Alps when I was 9 years old......THAT is another campfire story for next weekend :D

If it was me on the skis, I would have fallen over half way down the mountain. I do the the 3 point system-two feet and my butt....

I am afraid we will not make it :(-Sam has appointments on Friday, and we are finishing one up this week. Talked with Terry on Friday about it.

We did talk about maybe meeting some where around Charlotte this year. But you have to drive to Columbia and then back just to be fair to us.

lduguay
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
If it was me on the skis, I would have fallen over half way down the mountain. I do the the 3 point system-two feet and my butt....

I am afraid we will not make it :(-Sam has appointments on Friday, and we are finishing one up this week. Talked with Terry on Friday about it.

We did talk about maybe meeting some where around Charlotte this year. But you have to drive to Columbia and then back just to be fair to us.

Hmmmmm, would that be 3 point or 4???:confused:

Sorry y'all can't make it, we will miss Sam.......:rolleyes:

And I do think meeting in the Charlotte area for dinner IS a good idea!! Following you home to get frequent driver HOC miles........don't think so.....the last few, "fair", trips out with y'all, you seem to leave later and get there earlier and its not cause you drive faster that me!!! :cool:

lduguay
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM

The weather isn't helping us.......
the forecast keeps getting warmer 17937

BUT, I am bringing my gear......just in case!!

SouthernNights
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Hmmmmm, would that be 3 point or 4???:confused:

Sorry y'all can't make it, we will miss Sam.......:rolleyes:

And I do think meeting in the Charlotte area for dinner IS a good idea!! Following you home to get frequent driver HOC miles........don't think so.....the last few, "fair", trips out with y'all, you seem to leave later and get there earlier and its not cause you drive faster that me!!! :cool:

I don't dilly dally on the road-having to stop every 15 minutes to check out the local flair kills your time. And; oh yeah, When I do get there it only takes me one shot to get it in the site... LOL

OUCH... sorry I take it back...

I really do wish we could make it this weekend but it just not in the cards. Especially after today. This has got to be the wettest, coldest sunny day with 20% chance of rain I have ever seen. Visibilty around 1/2 mile all day and rain on and off. Kind of hard to get anything done. So I now get to work all weekend-again.

lduguay
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
And; oh yeah, When I do get there it only takes me one shot to get it in the site... LOL

OUCH... sorry I take it back...

Hey now.........not anymore, now that I have my 70 feet of sewer hose!!!!:rolleyes:

brauch
02-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll.

lduguay
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll. Awwwwww, we will miss y'all!!!! 17951

krhyde
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll.
I was looking forward to meeting another NC boy. Maybe some other time, some other rally. (Born in Rocky Mount, NC) Ken

trdeal
02-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll. Hi Ed and Barbara. Sorry to hear that you guys can't attend, but we do understand. As I told you in the email yesterday, this weekend has not turned out to be the best timing for us with Renee having to work on Saturday morning. We will miss you guys but we will see you in HH if not before. We will talk to you latter.

trdeal
02-29-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the weather and temperatures for the upcoming weekend. Friday- high of 63 degrees and low of 51 degrees, chance of showers and thunderstorms. Saturday- high of 56 and low of 31 degrees. Chance of showers. Sunday-high of 47 and low of 28 degrees.Chance of a mix of rain and snow showers.

Nabo
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Just checked out our local weather and the temps not too bad but it might be a little soggy sitting around a campfire in NC. Lance - ya got a really big umbrella? The cold stuff isn't suppose to get to TN till Sunday evening which is when the forecast changes to flurries. Not sure about the KY folks weather though.

Oh by the way - Lance will you also give us a lesson on how to enter those really cool clipart that keeps seeming to pop into your and Larry's responses.

lduguay
02-29-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL........Terry and Renee have 2 awnings on that big LM!! AND what is ALL this talk about weather:confused:.......its not like we are TENTING!!!!!!!

Nathan, what are your thoughts on skiing Sat. am?

And I will have to talk with Larry to see if we want to release our "secret" technology to the world! 17961

SouthernNights
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
LOL........Terry and Renee have 2 awnings on that big LM!! AND what is ALL this talk about weather:confused:.......its not like we are TENTING!!!!!!!

Nathan, what are your thoughts on skiing Sat. am?

And I will have to talk with Larry to see if we want to release our "secret" technology to the world! 17961

Snow showers??? You got to be kidding me, 74 here today.

O well, nothing that a good hot cup of hot chocolate cant fix.17968

Hope you guys have a great time this weekend. Enjoy the skiing.

Nabo
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Lance - Sure as long as I don't have to wear hip-wadder. Haven't check the website today to see if the slopes are still open.

trdeal
02-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Good evening everyone. We have been to enough of these Heartland get togethers to know that you never give an exact or nearly exact time of arrival to the cg. You just never know what could be waiting for you when you get to your site. Right Lance? But I will say this I will be there on Friday sometime between 10:00 am and 10:00 pm.Renee found out a couple weeks ago that she will have to work on Saturday (no way out of it)so she will arrive sometime Saturday afternoon. Everyone have a safe trip to the cg. Looking forward to it.If you haven't reserved yet and want to come, come on. We will be glad to welcome you.

Nabo
02-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Our ETA is sometime Friday ;)

krhyde
02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
We'll be there Thursday afternoon. I was warned to get there before others. Don't know why:confused:

krhyde
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I just found out that I am now "friends" with Terry on the HOC forum. Can someone tell me, Is that a good thing???

trdeal
03-01-2012, 06:24 AM
We'll be there Thursday afternoon. I was warned to get there before others. Don't know why:confused: Ken, the reason I like to arrive at a cg before everyone else,when I can, is because there will be fewer Heartlanders around to watch you back into your spot. There have been a few occasions when a Heartlander will arrive late or last and be greeted with a group of folks with pen and paper in hand ready to score the late comer on his backing abilities. This is all done in fun although I know we probably shouldn't do it.

trdeal
03-01-2012, 06:27 AM
I just found out that I am now "friends" with Terry on the HOC forum. Can someone tell me, Is that a good thing??? Hi Ken. This is Terry and I think it is a good thing. In order to be in a "chat" with someone you have to be a friend. You can see who is online in the bottom right corner of your screen.

krhyde
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
See you all tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Rain or shine or snow, doesn't matter. Ken

Nabo
03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Ken - don't let the backing judges scare ya tooo muchhhh - but it really puts ya on your toes :confused:. Can't wait to meet ya'll tomorrow.
B--

lduguay
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep gonna be fun.......looks like the slopes are still open!! Soooo, Nathan (possibly in hip waders) and I will be hitting, whats left of the snow/ice, early Saturday morning.....everyone is welcome to join in the fun!

Ken, don't let Terry scare you.......there is that old quote, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, is THAT why I like to be around these folks:confused:

See yall tomorrow!!! Oh, we are arriving sometime Friday too.......here is a pic of our BC after the new full body paint job....thought I would post it so you would know it was me........kinda interesting how the light reflecting off the sides makes it look a little different......and I have NO problem with the backing up!!!! :cool:

krhyde
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
We are set up at Creek Wood. Beautiful place. We'll be here to assist or critique anyone with backing up as needed tomorrow. :p A former HOC member (j?ajax) is here. Said he knows a lot of you. See you tomorrow. Be careful. Ken

trdeal
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Yep gonna be fun.......looks like the slopes are still open!! Soooo, Nathan (possibly in hip waders) and I will be hitting, whats left of the snow/ice, early Saturday morning.....everyone is welcome to join in the fun!

Ken, don't let Terry scare you.......there is that old quote, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, is THAT why I like to be around these folks:confused:

See yall tomorrow!!! Oh, we are arriving sometime Friday too.......here is a pic of our BC after the new full body paint job....thought I would post it so you would know it was me........kinda interesting how the light reflecting off the sides makes it look a little different......and I have NO problem with the backing up!!!! :cool:
17971 Lance you are a funny man!

trdeal
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
We are set up at Creek Wood. Beautiful place. We'll be here to assist or critique anyone with backing up as needed tomorrow. :p A former HOC member (j?ajax) is here. Said he knows a lot of you. See you tomorrow. Be careful. Ken Ken, glad you made it safely and that you like the cg. Tell Jim and Pat that we said hello and that we are glad they could make it. We will see you sometime tomorrow.

Randy
03-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Santha and I are leaving when she gets home from work. We will pull out about 1:00. Should arrive about 4:30.
Randy, Santha and the poodles

lduguay
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
We should be on the road by noon with an eta of 2:30.......in time to SCORE Randy!! :D

Randy
03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
We should be on the road by noon with an eta of 2:30.......in time to SCORE Randy!! :D

Lance, I already know the score I will receive from you. It will be a 10 with the one missing. See you this afternoon.

trdeal
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
We all made it to the cg safely,but we have had and are having some stormy weather. Hopefully it wil all be pasted us before to much longer. Had a great dinner out with our Heartland buddies. looking forward to a great day tomorrow and a great potluck supper tomorrow night.It was also great to meet our new Heartland friends Ken and Faye Hyde.

boatto5er
03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
You guys take care. There's some crazy, dangerous weather going on tonight.

trdeal
03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
You guys take care. There's some crazy, dangerous weather going on tonight. Thanks Gus. We made it through the night safely,although,there are some areas near by that had some damage. Looking forward to a good day today.

trdeal
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
We have had a beautiful cool day here today with our great friends.The pot luck supper was great and the 4 games of UNO played by Lances rules was a lot of fun.Thanks to everyone that showed up this weekend and we pray you have a safe trip home. This is a great campground in a great area. If you have not made plans to be with us back here in October for the NC/SC fall rally there are still plenty of good sites available.We are looking forward to seeing you here.

Randy
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Terry, They were Lance's rule's and were fun. I am glad no one had a video camera going.
The potluck was great. Also Santha and I got see a very nice bull Elk this morning up in
Maggie Valley.

Nabo
03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
We are home safely and hope everyone else did too. We left in a full blown snow storm that had started to cover the roads. We didn't run out of it until after the TN line. Hope the NC crowd run out of it pretty quickly.

What a great time everyone had. The potluck had more food an any good person could eat. And yes - the UNO game was quite interesting slapping the table after a 7 and 5 on the nose after a 5. Can't remember the 0 rule so will have to play again. THANKS Lance.

SouthernNights
03-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Left in a snow storm? Sounds like a good time to leave. I cant believe Lance got all you guys to play UNO by his rules. Of course, making up his own rules is the only way he can win.

And happy birthday Byrd!!!!

trdeal
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Made it home safely around 1:30 or so. Got everything out of the camper and put up. Byrd, we ran out of the snow a few miles down the road. Lance and Kem made it home safely. Haven't heard from Jim and Pat. Back to the UNO game. If you layed down a 0 you got to trade hands with anyone at the table, and then everyone else had to hand their cards off to the person to their left. Thats how I won a game. And the funny thing is we played by Lance's rules and he still couldn't win a game.

One more thing: One of our Heartland friends, which is now a some other brand friend, who was camping with us, got locked out of his motor home last night.No, not by his wife but by his dog. His dog nosed the lock and locked them out. No problem right? Well our friend left his keys inside the motor home. Lucky for them they had left a window unlocked. We had a great time and we are looking forward to being back at Creekwood Farms in October for our fall rally.

Nabo
03-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks Larry for the B'day wish ;). Sure wish ya'll could've made it. I will admit, interesting weekend with tornados not too far away on Friday followed by winds Saturday and snow on Sunday. Mother Nature can be real interesting!!!!

Randy
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Santha and I got back home about 1 PM. We went through several snow showers on the higher mountain passes but nothing was sticking.

Nabo
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
18028 Glad ya'll made it home safely Randy. The interstate here was just getting a little slushy but was building. Still had a great time.

lduguay
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Let me CLARIFY!!18031

The "rules" were KEM's "rules".....she learned them from our new son in law.

And by the way......I let y'all win!!!!!

It was an awesome and fun weekend......I hope Santha's isn't bruised from slapping her face and jamming her thumb into the table:rolleyes:

krhyde
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM
We're still at Creek Wood. I have been called out for Chainsaw disaster relief tomorrow. We'll head home tomorrow and then I'll head to West Liberty, KY for a few days to help with disaster relief. We really enjoyed meeting the heartland group and look forward to more rallies soon. It's supposed to be 19 degrees tonight. Ken

jpajax
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Just a quick note to say we made it home just fine, if you all had waited another hour before you you left the sun come out roads were dry. We had a awesome time and really enjoyed the company, even with the one who dropped the BIG BOLDER on my MOHO.LOL Not going to say who it was but his initials is Lance. Have been to town to get a extra set of key and had that talk with AJ about getting mad and locking us out.:o Oh yaw Ken I think I have got a name for you Have Chain Saw Will Travel I think that it takes a very special person to do what you do and from my brief talks with you it leads me to believe that you one of the special one's. May God Bless all and hope that we meet up again. PS Ken you were with only some of the finest people that Heartland owners club has and they are more that you haven't met let and if you don't watch out they will trun you into one of those rally hogs.

trdeal
03-05-2012, 06:17 AM
We're still at Creek Wood. I have been called out for Chainsaw disaster relief tomorrow. We'll head home tomorrow and then I'll head to West Liberty, KY for a few days to help with disaster relief. We really enjoyed meeting the heartland group and look forward to more rallies soon. It's supposed to be 19 degrees tonight. Ken Hi Ken, it was great to meet you and Faye this weekend. We are very glad that you decided to join us. Be careful going home today and be very careful out there running that chain saw. Thank you for being willing to put yourself in harms way to help out your fellow man. Looking forward to seeing you guys again very soon.

trdeal
03-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Just a quick note to say we made it home just fine, if you all had waited another hour before you you left the sun come out roads were dry. We had a awesome time and really enjoyed the company, even with the one who dropped the BIG BOLDER on my MOHO.LOL Not going to say who it was but his initials is Lance. Have been to town to get a extra set of key and had that talk with AJ about getting mad and locking us out.:o Oh yaw Ken I think I have got a name for you Have Chain Saw Will Travel I think that it takes a very special person to do what you do and from my brief talks with you it leads me to believe that you one of the special one's. May God Bless all and hope that we meet up again. PS Ken you were with only some of the finest people that Heartland owners club has and they are more that you haven't met let and if you don't watch out they will trun you into one of those rally hogs. Jim, Glad you made it home safely and that you and Pat decided to join us in your MOHO. We had a great time. I don't think I would let AJ know where you hide those keys or he might lock you out again. I will have to agree with you on your thoughts concerning Ken. Will also have to agree with you on your thoughts about the Heartland crowd. The people are what make you want to become one of those rally hogs. Take care and we will see you soon.

jbeletti
03-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow - sounds like a great early spring campout. Wish we could have made it, but we were traveling home from Indiana.

The UNO game sounded like fun! I recently began playing Mexican Train dominoes. Can't wait to infect a few people with that bug :)

See some of you at the GA rally in about 10 days.

Jim

lindaw
03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Walter and I have been playing mexican train for a few years. Our idea of fun is playing dominos on sat.night with friends. I always have my set with me.
Linda West

lduguay
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
We did have a great time with EVERYONE. It was even great to meet "former" HOC members (Jim & Pat) in their new SOB motor coach......I AM sure they would have purchase a HL motor coach IF HL made one!!

Here is a short video of what could possibly happen if you ever consider changing brands.......really!!!!

(Disclaimer: This is not sanctioned by any parties employed by the Heartland Corporation :angel:)

http://youtu.be/4jJpyrkryW8

boatto5er
03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Great Lance

Randy
03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Gus, Lance did not limit the damage to SOB. He also took me and two of the poodles out. He has no compassion.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

Nabo
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey - don't forget about us. Lance had a tornado take out our BC. Glad it wasn't real.

trdeal
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Well, I couldn't believe that Lance dropped a rock on our "Classic" Landmark,his Big Country's Papaw, but he did. No one was safe at this campout.

boatto5er
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
OK, OK.......in an effort to not discriminate, watch for each of your "videos" to be posted later today :D

Lance has WAY TOO MUCH time on his hands...:rolleyes:

lduguay
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
OK, in an effort to NOT discriminate, I will post y'alls videos today......I might even get Ken's new 2012 missile hit :D

SouthernNights
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, I couldn't believe that Lance dropped a rock on our "Classic" Landmark,his Big Country's Papaw, but he did. No one was safe at this campout.

Y'all are just now finding out what i have known for a long time about Lance.

lduguay
03-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Here we go........It seems that Jim & Pat wanted to retaliate against the "attack" on their SOB Motor Coach. Ken's beautiful 2012 LM might be the target.....enjoy :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/9xfibknxHKc

lduguay
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Gus, Lance did not limit the damage to SOB. He also took me and two of the poodles out. He has no compassion.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

Hey Randy, Your turn!!! :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/WpDO_SZLmvY

lduguay
03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Nathan wanted a video for the Insurance company.......just in case :cool:

http://youtu.be/HTxeTI3s_kc

lduguay
03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Last but not LEAST.......Terry & Renee's Landmark......the first "take" we missed, but the 2nd take was a direct hit! :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/KgGI0BWDVnA

lduguay
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Y'all are just now finding out what i have known for a long time about Lance.

These give a whole new meaning to......"we MISSED you this weekend!!"18056

lduguay
03-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Here is a "bonus" video.........Nathan's near miss. :rolleyes:

PS. no animals, Heartland owners or servicemen were harmed in the production of this video......

http://youtu.be/HXqgacCNtqQ

Flying Dutchman
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Lance, you are a RIOT!!!!!!!! Makes you want to look behind your back, just never know what is to come next. We missed you guys.

SouthernNights
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Lance , I really liked the one you emailed me but the helicopter was fantastic. Good Job.

boatto5er
03-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I noticed that nothing happened to Lance's rig. Strange????

krhyde
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I noticed that nothing happened to Lance's rig. Strange????

Maybe something happened to Lance's rig and he just hasn't found it yet. I'm just saying.

boatto5er
03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
maybe something happened to lance's rig and he just hasn't found it yet. I'm just saying.

rotflmao!!!!;)

trdeal
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Maybe something happened to Lance's rig and he just hasn't found it yet. I'm just saying. Hey Lance,now that gives you something to think about doesn't it.We all know how good Ken is with a "chainsaw"!

lduguay
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey Lance,now that gives you something to think about doesn't it.We all know how good Ken is with a "chainsaw"!

I guess Ken wants to retaliate by chopping my BC into MPG's......surely he must understand that it was Jim & Pat that launched the missile attack after he (or someone:confused:) drop a "rock" on the SOB motor coach.:rolleyes:

jpajax
03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
It is amazing how Lance ( the roaming or rouge reporter) is always on the spot when these strange things happen.

lduguay
03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
It is amazing how Lance ( the roaming or rouge reporter) is always on the spot when these strange things happen.

You just NEVER know where I will be.........18060

jimtoo
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
With all them video's showing what can happen in ya'll's area has just about convinced me to not camp in the East close to ya'll agin..;). Think I'll go West this year,,, maybe hit Gillette, Wy,,, and Cody, Wy... never see nothing like that happening out that way..;),,,, Well ,,, maybe have to chase a bear off once in a while..:D.

Jim M

lduguay
03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
With all them video's showing what can happen in ya'll's area has just about convinced me to not camp in the East close to ya'll agin..;). Think I'll go West this year,,, maybe hit Gillette, Wy,,, and Cody, Wy... never see nothing like that happening out that way..;),,,, Well ,,, maybe have to chase a bear off once in a while..:D.

Jim M

Hmmmmm, gonna have to look up some bear footage for effect :rolleyes: Wouldn't want the west coasters to feel "slighted"......maybe even throw in an earthquake or two.......

trdeal
03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
You know, none of these ever happened until Lance started hanging out with us.:cool:

SouthernNights
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
You know, none of these ever happened until Lance started hanging out with us.:cool:

Don't know why you didn't believe me Terry. I told you about the explosion and fire out at OL when we were next to him.

I used to know people like him up north- they were hired out for specialty jobs.

Randy
03-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Terry & Larry, The first time that I met Lance I felt sorry for Kem. She has a very heavy burden to carry. She does need our support.
Lance is really into a lot of strange things. Missiles, Boulders, Rockets and Tornadoes. He needs help.

trdeal
03-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Well I've been thinking about it and while Lance has been around for some very strange happenings, he does make a really good sausage and gravy biscuit,so I guess we had better keep him around.:)

lduguay
03-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Hey Now!! Just keepin' y'alls lives exciting!!!!

krhyde
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Lance, Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary about your BC yet???

lduguay
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Lance, Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary about your BC yet???

Nope.....seems to be holding together quite well.....even have a FREE Flag Pole NOW!! 18069

However, after the purchase of various flags it has become an "investment"!!

Nabo
03-08-2012, 06:24 PM
hey Nathan still has a flag pole for a deal and it's painted orange!!!